Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by comethazine, Apr 16, 2017.

1. comethazine

comethazineNew MemberMember

I am getting a 55 gallon aquarium tomorrow from a buddy of mine and with the tank comes a 10 inch pleco that I am worried about because I planned on putting all the fish from my 29 gallon into the 55. The fish I plan on transferring are 4 cory cats,2 angels, 4 TigerBarbs, 1 blue gourami and one Rainbow Shark. Now my question is, is this a good idea to transfer them with the Pleco? Also what other fish can I add?

2. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

If you are talking about a common pleco then 55 gallons is not enough and you should consider rehoming it.

Tiger barbs should be in groups of 5+ or even 10+ to prevent fin nipping of the angelfish.

I would also bump your school of corydoras to a group of 6+. What type of corydoras are they?

I would say that once you add these suggested fish you would be fully stocked.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  3. Manoj AroraValued MemberMember

Yeah it will be too much. You can't keep the pleco as well as all other fish which you listed together. You need a bigger tank

4. Plantpot

PlantpotValued MemberMember

I agree 55 gallon tank is not big enough but with regular water changes would be ok till you could rehome , however if you wondering if he would harm your other fish then in my experience pleco's are not at all aggressive towards other fish, they do need a bit of driftwood to graze on

5. James17

James17Well Known MemberMember

I had a common pleco kill a Pictus Cat, if he doesn't get enough food it could happen. I don't know why that happened to this day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice