Question?? Would Sae Be Alright In A Cherry Shrimp Tank?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by 86 ssinit, Apr 20, 2019.

1. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Hi all. Have a small bba problem in a planted cherry shrimp tank. Was wondering if sae would be eating the shrimp instead of the bba. Lps has some small sae (about an inch long) and I’m thinking of getting some. Thanks all :).

2. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Mine always left them alone.

3. FeohwWell Known MemberMember

I've been told (can't confirm) that they will eat the shrimplets, but I have heard of them living together just fine. There's plenty of videos of them living together peacefully anyway. My amano shrimp ate all the bba in my first tank.

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

The small SAE will take care of your BBA but as they get bigger they get a little lazy with it... I had 2 in my 55 about an inch and cleaned it up quick now they are both about 4” and just check around for uneaten good n shrimp pellets and zucchini... they never messed wit the Amano shrimp I had in there but now that I think about it I wondered how they got so big ;)

5. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Lol well I bought them. The tank has maybe 30 shrimp in it. Not my main shrimp tank :). So I’ll see what happens.
    I have sae in 2 of my tanks. They are also about 4” long. Yes they get lazy as they get bigger but will still eat it if they see it :). Thanks for all the answers :). 4187FBFE-098B-4A15-91CA-98DF2E3A37F6.jpeg