Help Question with Green Tiger Barb

Naty20

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello, so I recently changed from a 5-gallon tank to a 20-gallon tank and bought 4 small green barbs. They have been with me for about three days and so far I always see them together swimming at the surface of the tank and rarely swim at the bottom. I try searching in google to see what's causing them to not swim at the bottom and always at the surface and results show that either lack of oxygen or PH level is too high for the smaller barbs. I have 2 filters - ( Aqueon QuietFlow LED PRO Aquarium Power Filter and a small filter that came with my 5-gallon tank kit ) so I am not sure if its lack of oxygen that's missing? Any help from anyone will be great! thank you very much!

Attachments

qldmick

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
your tank looks pretty lightly stocked with aeration from your filter so I don't think its lack of oxygen.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As far as I can see there is nothing wrong.

Tigers can get pretty nasty in smaller schools. So think about upping the numbers and think about the right ditherfish to no be the victI'm of the Tigerschool !

OP
N

Naty20

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Blueberrybetta said:
Did you cycle the tank beforehand and did you acclimate them in?
Thank you for your response. When I started my 20 gallon I put water conditioner and doubled the dose of the Stress Zyme plus that it says it contains live bacteria and then kept my tank working for a week before putting my fish in and then when I bought the green barbs three weeks later, I let the bag in which I bought them floating on the tank for 15 minutes so they can have the same water temperature.
Is there something I am missing that I should've or should do to help my barbs not stay at the surface?
Thank you so much again.

OP
N

Naty20

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Blueberrybetta said:
Did you cycle the tank beforehand and did you acclimate them in?
DoubleDutch said:
As far as I can see there is nothing wrong.

Tigers can get pretty nasty in smaller schools. So think about upping the numbers and think about the right ditherfish to no be the victI'm of the Tigerschool !
Thank You for the advice!

New Threads