question regarding quick cure and talt

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The normal dose of QC is one drop per gallon, one drop per 2 gallons in other words half strength for Tetras, So my first question is can discus handle the one drop per gallon? or do you have to trea like you would for tetras?

2nd question instrutions for non iodized salt, aquarium salt, rock sal ad kosher salt I think would fall into this category as well says one table spoon per 5 gallons of water is this acceptable or for discus should it be more toward one table spoon per ten gallons of water? I only asks because with disucs they are considered to be a delicate fish and it got me thinking

Also can you use salt and QC together? at the same time? and what does salt treat? what does Qick Cure treat? besides ICH

if you are treating for something other than ICH how long should the treatment last? there are definate instructions for treating ICH but nothing is said for other conditons such as clamped fins should you only use it untill you see improvment or like with anibotics are you supose to continue treatment even beyond improvment of the symptoms so they do not return?

I have no sick fish but have been reading about this a lot and it got me wondering so I thought I would put it to the discus pros thanks for anything you can provide for future reference, hopefully not but I would rather be prepared just in case

Just thought of another one does QC ruin your BIO filter? how about salt?

ifixoldhouses

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
QC is for parasites, one treatment will work, once a week for 3 weeks to kill any eggs that may have hatched. One drop per gallon is fine. Salt is usually 1 tbs per 10 gallons. Salt is good for relieiving stress, patching up torn fins etc. I believe it helps with nitrite poisoning as well. Neither hurts your Bio filter.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ifixoldhouses said:
QC is for parasites, one treatment will work, once a week for 3 weeks to kill any eggs that may have hatched. One drop per gallon is fine. Salt is usually 1 tbs per 10 gallons. Salt is good for relieiving stress, patching up torn fins etc. I believe it helps with nitrite poisoning as well. Neither hurts your Bio filter.
Good to know, you really did sum it up for me, just one more question I take it not to use salt with QC corect?

Basically what I am tying to do is creat a huge document to save on my pc with all the info I can gather on the diferent asspects of keeping discus all in one quick easy to get place and I know this part of discus keeping as a big part, so I am trying to get all the facts togethet thanks fo ryour help

ok so for parasites one treatment at one drop per gallon per week for three weeks thats it?

I thought salt could also be used to help with this also that the parasites can not live in water that has salt in it?

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ifixoldhouses said:
Oh and I have heard also that one table spoon per 5 galoons and one table spoon per 10 gallons which is it for sure? I know personally I only use the one table spoon per ten gallon rule I think thats plenty and do not want to over do it you know?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom