Question re miniature baby's tears

Georgie Girl

I have two pots of miniature baby's tears. I am afraid I'll ruin them when I take them out of the LFS's pots. Any suggestions?

(See photo for pots - do plants come packaged like this everywhere? I'm such a noob . . . . )

Is this the right place for plant questions? Didn't find any other.

Attachments

• 1660095433509.png
    1660095433509.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Flyfisha

Hi again.
Yes that’s how plants come in Australia as well . I use scissors to cut the plastic. Trust me by the looks of the picture that plant has not been in the pot long enough to have dozens of roots growing everywhere. It can be difficult to get them out if they have been root bound for months.

My suggestion is to concentrate on the fish and this new cycle. If these plants don’t make it consider them as an experiment. Like a bunch of flowers on a table in a vase you enjoy for a few weeks.

The rock wool or whatever your country calls that yellow insolation fabric has got to be removed. It can be difficult to wash off but it’s got to go. It’s scratchy on corydoras barbells .

. No need to separate it into lots of chunks but if it fall into 3 or 4 chunks that ok.

JustAFishServant

that’s how plants come in Australia - The rock wool
That's what it's called in the US too. Wow, I thought I knew a lot about AU but learn more all the time :)
My suggestion is to concentrate on the fish and this new cycle. If these plants don’t make it consider them as an experiment. Like a bunch of flowers on a table in a vase you enjoy for a few weeks.
Georgie Girl - Flyfisha is absolutely correct. Focus on the fish-in cycling (I assume it is), especially its params, and leave the plants to it. My LFS accepts returns for stuff that didn't work out. Yours?

Georgie Girl

Hi again.
Yes that’s how plants come in Australia as well . I use scissors to cut the plastic. Trust me by the looks of the picture that plant has not been in the pot long enough to have dozens of roots growing everywhere. It can be difficult to get them out if they have been root bound for months.

The rock wool or whatever your country calls that yellow insolation fabric has got to be removed. It can be difficult to wash off but it’s got to go. It’s scratchy on corydoras barbells .

. No need to separate it into lots of chunks but if it fall into 3 or 4 chunks that ok.
Thank you, Flyfisha. You've come through for me again. .
LFS accepts returns for stuff that didn't work out. Yours?
I don't know. This is just my second aquarium (the first was a five-gallon betta tank). I rather doubt it, though: they only have guarantees on a select number of tanks. Even so, they're my LFS because it's the best choice around here.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
DuaneV
Replies
Views
guyfromfl
Replies
Views