Question on Top Fin quality!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Hendrix Fish, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Hendrix Fish

Hendrix FishValued MemberMember

I am getting a new 55 gallon tank but a lot of good quality acrylic tanks are about $1500 so I saw the 55 gallon tank at petsmart for a very cheap price and another at petco, I am asking this because is the tank going to start leaking or break out of nowhere in a few months? So if I should get one which one should I get, and if I can't get either one should I just get an acrylic from craiglist? Thank you.

O0

2. bubblefishValued MemberMember

One of my 55s is a Top Fin that was bought as a kit from petsmart. It's been a few years and nothing has gone wrong. There is a review on the web about this kit. just search "Top Fin starter kit". I had seen this review about 6 months ago and I agree with the reviewer's points and opinions.

3. ristin

ristinNew MemberMember

I have a 75g Top Fin and a 20g Top Fin. No problems with either one. The 20g is 10+ years old

4. OP
    OP
    Hendrix Fish

Hendrix FishValued MemberMember

Thanks, anyone have a bad experience with it? How long have you had the 75 gal.?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  5. ristin

ristinNew MemberMember

I've had the 75 about 2 months. The assembly quality is good. All the silicon seams are smooth and even, the glass lines up correctly at the corners and looks to sit square with the base and top piece. I got it from Petsmart and the tank came with a light and glass top covers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice