question on betta fix treatment?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by yuuto, Jul 16, 2015.

1. yuuto

yuuto Valued Member Member

I have 2 bettas in a divided 10g and they both have fin rot. I've been treated with salt and they haven't gotten any better. I went to petsmart (I know it's not the best place but I trust the head of the fish department)
    I got my water checked and they said everything was fine except the ph was a bit low and the kh was also low. the head told me I should do a 100 percent water change and dose with bettafix.

on the back on the bettafix it tells me me to dose for 7 days then to a water change. does this mean just to add more bettafix and don't do water changes for a week? does the bettafix disperse? shouldn't it become very dense in the tank and hurt them?

also concerning how they got fin rot, I was wondering if it's possible to overdose in dechlorinator? I use the high concentration stuff and I just pour a bit into buckets of fresh water. is it possible that I'm over conditioning the water and it's doing something bad to the parameters?

any help in this situation is very helpful :)

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Hi and welcome.
    I have not used bettafix when I kept betta fish but I will tell you that fresh water with daily water changes is the best medicine. If you do not see improvement in a week and instead the fish look worse, then I would treat with something stronger.
    Good luck.

3. OP
    OP
    yuuto

yuuto Valued Member Member

I had tried everything under the sun to treat his fin rot, including daily water changes, but the fin rot just wouldn't go away and was almost to his body. since I've added the bettafix I've seen some improvement so I'm very happy :)

4. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

I had to treat my betta with erythromycin because melafix and salt did nothing. My water parameters are ideal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice