Question/help~ AquaClear 10-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
so my filter is being a brat, to put it nicely. -_- i unplug it to check and make sure there isnt anything alive in there, like guppy fry, and then i go to plug it back in and it wont start back up. i cleaned it the 1st time it happened (about a month ago) and its done it 2-3 times since then. its not gunked up, as far as i can tell (besides the intake tube, theres some stringy algea that i cant reach with a paper towel rapped chop-stick. if any one could tell me how to get that out, i would love u forever). there are several small snails in there, and kinda think they are culprates.... so, could there be some thing wrong with my filter, or am i just not cleaning it enough? if its cleaning, then what is the best way to do it, other than a chop-stick?

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Hmmm....have you takin the motor off, swipped inside the motor with a q-tip or two to get the gunk out (that's what I use) and cleaned off the impeller? As for the intake tube I just have a skinny wire brush that works great for me.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
it comes off?? i knew the gray plate over the impeller came off, but i never thoght to try to take the motor off! lol i'll try that next time i do a water change. is there any special way to take it off (i dont wunna break it)?

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
lol yes, it dose. just turn the motor counter-clockwise and it should come off. Put it back on the same way and make sure it is on straight or it will leak. Been there, done that, lol!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thanks soooo much! u probly just saved me $30! XD i probly would have gotten my mom to buy me a new one if it stopped again! >.<

btw~ i have guppy fry! my search was not in vein! only 10 but its all of my females 1st drops (not sure who's they are tho >.<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom