Question Question for MD Snail breeders?

Candace

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a question about my baby mystery snails. If I did sell them to Petco would I need a special permit? And how much per snail? I haven’t really had any deaths so I still have 80+ babies. One is already pea size the others are rapidly growing. I can’t seem to find the info I need for Maryland online.

EmbersToAshes

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I doubt a chain pet store like Petco will buy them. Mine defenantly will not under any circumstances. Look for a smaller pet store. Even then, they may only let you give them away. I doubt if they where willing to pay you would get anything more than 50 cents per snail if they are adult size and less for babies. And it probably wouldn't be cash, but store credit. They have to buy them to resell after all and it would take a while for them to sell 80 snails. I'm not sure of the legality of it. I don't think you need any special permits to keep or sell mystery snails anywhere in the continintal USA but I'm not positive. If you want to sell them for a higher price you would probably have to sell them online and ship them out.

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
EmbersToAshes said:
I doubt a chain pet store like Petco will buy them. Mine defenantly will not under any circumstances. Look for a smaller pet store. Even then, they may only let you give them away. I doubt if they where willing to pay you would get anything more than 50 cents per snail if they are adult size and less for babies. And it probably wouldn't be cash, but store credit. They have to buy them to resell after all and it would take a while for them to sell 80 snails. I'm not sure of the legality of it. I don't think you need any special permits to keep or sell mystery snails anywhere in the continintal USA but I'm not positive. If you want to sell them for a higher price you would probably have to sell them online and ship them out.
Thank you for responding. Initially I had wanted to sell online/locally but someone had told me I’d have better luck at Petco or Petsmart, when I asked how to go about shipping. I don’t have any other pet stores around me. I can still ask them but I’ll probably end up selling online :)

New Threads