Question Abut Corydoras Temps And Tank Size

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Over It, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Over ItWell Known MemberMember

So I had a bit of a problem with my stocking plan, so I ended up moving my 5 False Julii Corydoras to my 10 gal with my male Betta. Surprisingly enough they are doing better in the 10 gal than they were in the 29 gal. Much more active and just look better.

Since I don't have as many Sterbai Corydoras in my 29 gal as I did I thought about moving them back, but I'm not really sure what the best thing to do would be.

I know 10 gals is kinda small for them, but they seem to be very happy in there and doing very well, compared to how they were doing in the 29. I also wanted to up my Sterbai Corydoras to 6 from the remaining 4 I have and then with the False Julii's my tank would be much more heavily stocked.

The 29 gal stays at about 76-77 degrees and the 10 stays at about 80.
    Because of the temp difference I had thought about moving the Sterbai's into the 10 and the Julii's back into the 29, but I'm really undecided on what the best course of action is here.

2. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Personally I would put all the cories together in the 29 gallon.

If you want to keep some cories in the 10 (which I don't recommend) I would put the sterbais in because they can handle higher temperatures than the false juliis.

3. OP
    OP
    O

Over ItWell Known MemberMember

Yeah that's what I was leaning towards as well. I wish I could rehome the Julii's, but there seems to be no interest in them right now. Not sure why as I love them, but I guess time will tell.

4. OP
    OP
    O

If I add the Julii's back into the the 29 gal. will I be overstocked?
    I have the following in there and am planning on adding the Tetras very soon.

1 Dwarf Gourami
    1 Female Platy
    13 Pygmy Corydoras
    4 Sterbai Corydoras (hopefully will be 6 after today)
    10 Chili or Lamb Chop Rasboras
    Then the 5 False Julii's

5. BottomDweller

A little but I think they'd be happier in a slightly overstocked 29 gallon with other cories than in a 10 gallon

6. OP
    OP
    O

Ok thanks.
    I'll go ahead and do that.

One more question if you don't mind.

Are there any Bottom Dwellers I could keep in the 10 with my Betta? It just seems so empty with just him in there. And he seems to like having other fish with him.

7. BottomDweller

This thread has a few bottom dwellers that would work in a 10 gallon but I wouldn't keep them with a betta
    Bottom Dwellers For 10 Gallon
    The only bottom dwellers I would keep with a betta in a 10 are amano shrimp, rabbit snails and other invertebrates.

8. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I agree with BD.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice