Question About Tetra Parasite Guard

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by guppiesandpuppies, Aug 3, 2017.

1. guppiesandpuppies

guppiesandpuppiesValued MemberMember

Hi. Yesterday, I was supposed to do the last dose of Tetra Parasite Guard to treat for what seemed like anchor worms, but I didn't know it was the day to do it. I forgot to set a reminder on my phone. My fish haven't had any parasite symptoms for I think about a week. A dose of Parasite Guard requires a small (25%) water change. I'm exhausted tonight. Can I delay the last dose until tomorrow or tomorrow night or do my fish need it tonight? It's a 10-gallon tank with 3 adult male guppies and Cryptocoryne Wendtii and that's it in it. The most recent parameters:
    7/28/17
    pH 7.6
    KH 7.5 drops, 130 ppm

7/31/17
    Nitrate 0 ppm
    Nitrite 0 ppm
    Ammonia 0 ppm
    High range pH 7.9?
    pH higher than 7.6

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. OP
    OP
    guppiesandpuppies

Thank you

4. Fish-whisperValued MemberMember

I would think since it's the last dose and "My fish haven't had any parasite symptoms for I think about a week" it can wait. If you have trouble sleeping tonight it's understandable, I mean you are so tired that 2.5 gal water change will do you in......I know you won't reply to this thread until tomorrow because you are real tired and sleeping, so...

See ya in the morning :)

5. OP
    OP
    guppiesandpuppies

This was actually posted the night before yesterday. I couldn't do it yesterday for a few reasons, but I'm determined to do it tonight or today unless my mental illnesses get in the way. I'm trying to believe that I'm not lazy, though. Sometimes I have to postpone important stuff because my mental health is terrible and can't properly handle it. But at least that's getting less frequent. I'm working on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice