Question about something in water

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by hatred27, Aug 8, 2015.

1. hatred27Valued MemberMember

I've recently noticed that I have something in my tanks water. I have no idea what it is. I just did about an 80% water change to see if I could get rid of it, but it didn't. Any help would be nice.
    20150808_230959.jpeg
    The stuff in the top left corner (above the betta)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. Et tuValued MemberMember

That's just bio film, usually from food.You can skim it off.

3. OP
    OP
    h

hatred27Valued MemberMember

Can it be harmful to the fish? How do I go about skimming a 10g tank?

4. CanadianMadeValued MemberMember

I had the same problem and it was from a lack of surface agitation. I adjusted my filter to allow me to create more movement on the surface. If that isnt an option you can add an airstone!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. OP
    OP
    h

Yeah. My filter doesn't have any adjustable speed or anything. I guess I'll have to hook my air pump back up.

6. Bluestreakfl

BluestreakflWell Known MemberMember

Do you have any fake ornaments? I ask because I had the same issue, but only in 1 of my 5 tanks, and it was only the tank that had faux decor, my Betta tank. I suspected it was something leeching from the resin that the ornaments were made of. It never hurt my Betta that I can tell but I tried to skim off as much as I could just to be safe.

7. OP
    OP
    h

Yeah. I do. But they were in my 55g tank for months and never did anything then I switched some of them over to the 10g tank and I've had that up and running for months. Just recently noticed it. So I don't know. I hooked my air pump back up and I'll check tomorrow to see if its cleared up at all.

8. CanadianMadeValued MemberMember

if that doesnt work im sure someone on this forum knows, Fishlore is awesome!

9. OP
    OP
    h

I agree! Thankfully it has completely cleared the problem up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice