Question about snails?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by TylerLovesFish, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TylerLovesFishWell Known MemberMember

Hello all... my snail seems to be doing better (knock on wood). Today while doing a water change and moving the filter, he actually started to climb on me, and stuck to my finger, I had to wait a few minutes before he finally went back on the glass.

I was just wondering if this is bad or okay? I mean it was pretty awesome having him climb on me, but I don't want to hurt him!

Also, I was just wondering what you guys think of hand feeding fish? Good or bad?

2. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

I've had a snail on me once, but as far as I know you shouldn't hurt them by them just climbing on you.

I've never tried hand feeding but I'm sure someone on here can help out. I think it would be cool to hand feed fish, it's not bad at all.

3. TylerLovesFishWell Known MemberMember

I've heard of people even taking the snail out of water and holding it, but I am sure that is a very bad idea...

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool, but also possibly deadly to the snail.

4. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

Yeah don't purposely pull out the snail from the tank just to hold. It's different when it accidentally crawls on you.

5. slimeneoValued MemberMember

I don't think it's deadly for the snail, they can keep some water in their gills for a short period of time so they don't die when out of the water.

6. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

They do that just before they bite you! The snail must have changed it's mind. Lucky you :)

7. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

What on earth does a snail bite feel like?!

8. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Do you have a snail?

If so, why don't you find out yourself? :D

9. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

It's truly indescribable

10. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I do not have a snail, might have to get one now!

11. MagooFishlore VIPMember

I love my snails and their snail antics :) I was at my LFS last night and saw one I hadn't seen before but have no tank space at the moment they looked a bit like a Malaysian trumpet snail but grew to 6cm and the shell was really really pointy they were so pretty but had to be sensible well until my big tank is set up lol

12. TylerLovesFishWell Known MemberMember

13. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

was it a rabbit snail? anyway back to the post . No snails don't bite they have a raspy mouth made for gripping. Even if they could it would not hurt

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  14. antidevil12New MemberMember

Only Conus Snail bites and it may kill human coz conus snail are poisonous :;saber

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice