Question about rehoming goldfish

bcvzbs

I was wondering what I should be asking people? I have 4 comet goldfish and I'd like for them to be in a pond or large enough tank but I'm worried someone may use them as feeder fish or put them in a smaller tank than I have. I'd like to keep them but I'm unable to upgrade their tank (they're in a 45 gallon) and I don't feel it's right for them to be in a tank that's too small for them.

BigManAquatics

How big are they now? Maybe an LFS in the area that can help?

bcvzbs

How big are they now? Maybe an LFS in the area that can help?
They're maybe 4-4.5 inches long now. I have local pet stores but I've only ever seen them sell goldfish as feeders so I don't know if they would be able to help or what you mean.

Yeoy

I was wondering what I should be asking people? I have 4 comet goldfish and I'd like for them to be in a pond or large enough tank but I'm worried someone may use them as feeder fish or put them in a smaller tank than I have. I'd like to keep them but I'm unable to upgrade their tank (they're in a 45 gallon) and I don't feel it's right for them to be in a tank that's too small for them.
I'd try posting on a local Facebook (or similar) or Gumtree/Craigslist group in your area. You should be able to find an aquarium group for your city/state. Let people know you want to rehome them, and you can always ask someone to send you a photo/video of their pond or tank before they come and get the fish.

bcvzbs

My 45 gallon is too small for my goldfish right? They aren't as big as they could be so I sometimes question it.

jtjgg

yes, they're going to need atleast 20 gallons per goldfish. unless you're willing to do two large water changes every week.

or you could rehome 2 and keep 2.

FoldedCheese

My 45 gallon is too small for my goldfish right? They aren't as big as they could be so I sometimes question it.

Yes, because they will eventually get massive and as they are growing they need adequate space. I personally wouldn't keep 1 comet in anything less than a 75 gallon. Each additional fish after that add 20 gallons.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • ButtercuptheOranda
  • Goldfish
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies
Views