Question about Inkbird Thermostats

BarbelLover

Hi all, I am interested in purchasing an inkbird thermostat, but I had a few questions first.
-Do all models require WiFi to operate? or only the ones that say 'wifi'?
-What are some of the differences between the models? what models are best for basic freshwater aquarium use?

I have a 38 gallon planted tank and have been using aqueon heater 100W, if anyone needs anymore info or has questions let me know, thanks.

BradleyH2O

I use the ITC-306A similar to the one above but with WiFi and two thermometer probes.

WiFi isn’t needed to operate the unit. However, if you want to remotely monitor the temperature and/or get alarms if temp rises or falls outside of your temperature settings, then you need WiFi because it’s sending a signal to the Inkbird app. I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend any of their models, that you would see fit for your project.

BarbelLover

Thanks for the info, I would love to have one of the WiFi ones but unfortunately I can't because I live rural and they won't service internet on this road which sucks. I'm gonna go ahead and order one!

86 ssinit

I’m using the same one coral is using. These can control 2 heaters. This is what you want. You don’t want the one that controls a heater and a chiller. That’s more salt water.

BradleyH2O

Figure I would post some screenshots from my Inkbird app, in case anyone was interested or find it helpful.

coralbandit

I’m using the same one coral is using. These can control 2 heaters. This is what you want. You don’t want the one that controls a heater and a chiller. That’s more salt water.
The link I posted was from 86 ssinit back some time ago ..
I thought it a good enough deal to keep.
Not to promote improper fish keeping but I run a power strip off of each unit that runs 5 @ 50 watt heaters each in a 5g tank . The only real concern would be the 1 temperature probe , but I am a firm believer of having a thermometer in every tank .
In a storage tank I can have the heater and a circulation pump [power head] work off the unit .

jmaldo

Hey Guys, since it has a probe, have either of you had any issue with temp accuracy?
Also, does it need to be calibrated or just plug/play?

CMT

I have the WIFI model with 2 probes. I love it but some things I learned:

- You don't really set a target temperature. Instead you set an temp for the heater to turn on and a temp for the heater to turn off. The 2 temps must be at least 0.5 degrees apart. It works fine you just have to understand this part. So for me I am targeting a temp of 77. I have the "on" temp set to 76.8 and the "off" temp set to 77.3. Then the heater itself I just have set to around 78/79. The controller then has full control and it is working really well.

- I recommend calibrating it with other thermometers up front. The app allows you to set the calibration. For me I adjusted by about 0.8 degrees.

coralbandit

Hey Guys, since it has a probe, have either of you had any issue with temp accuracy?
Also, does it need to be calibrated or just plug/play?

I have 3 hooked up and they run fine .
Each is running 5@50watt heaters in 5g tanks with the thermostat in only one tank per unit .
Temp matches thermometer accurately IMO .
No calibration possible I believe .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mbkemp
  • Question
  • shrimpyay
  • Heater
Replies
Views
shrimpyay
Replies