Question About Frags?

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Who would be interested in buying frags? Thinking about starting up a frag tank and want to see 1) it people would buy 2) what would you be interested in. Like specific species, etc

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The main tank I had got a large crack and everything died inside so instead of making a new reef I want to make a brand new tank just for frags. What would you suggest

SecretiveFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The biggest thing is going to be if the frags you grow are pest/illness free. When I was asking someone about their live rock and if there were any of x specific pests, they disappeared so I can only assume the rock contained at least one of the pests I listed. We have had a gamete of pests/illnesses from corals we purchased.

If you had a large selection of palythoas and zooanthids, I imagine you would get some interest.

On our next tank, I am planning on only buying from aquaculture facilities known to not have pests (ORA and cultivated reef).

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Really palys and zoas are coming back big time, not so much the easy pieces to get like rastas, eagle eyes, ect.,but the rarer ones, any kind of rainbows, ect. High end shrooms are liked too, but not as much. If you have the room everyone loves euphyllia but they don't grow that fast and take up a lot of room.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom