Quarentine

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Quarantine' started by Jeoper, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Jeoper

Jeoper New Member Member

Hi I have been running a qt tank for some fish I want to add to my main Discus tank. Some fish have been in qt for 4 months others 2-3 weeks. I placed a healthy Discus from my main tank into the qt as the “hero/sacrificial lamb” the Discus was eating normal first couple days now it has stopped eating for about 3 days. I’ve raised the temp to 91F for 2 days and it’s still not eating so I raised it to 93F. The Discus came from a 90 gallon into a 20g (qt) could this be why it isn’t eating? Could be stressed? Any feed back is greatly appreciated

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Most likely stress.

I would move the fish back I saw he isn’t showing any signs of parasites.

3. OP
    OP
    Jeoper

Jeoper New Member Member

Thank you, that’s what I think I’ll do

It ate perfectly fine the day I moved it to the qt and the following day. Now it wont eat but it does pick at the BN pleco and the corys. It stays close by when the food is there and while others eat. The temp is now at 93F hope it eats before bringing it back along with the others in qt

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2018
  4. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Check the parameters. Discus are kinda messy and adding another discus to the QT may have caused a spike in parameters.

5. 86 ssinit

86 ssinit Well Known Member Member

Are the new fish discus? What’s the state of the qt tank? Are all fish in there heading into the discus tank? Hope it wasn’t your avatar.

6. OP
    OP
    Jeoper

Jeoper New Member Member

Paramaters are perfect and the qt I added the hero discus too only has dither fish in it no other discus

Hello, the qt only has dither fish (cory's, otocat, BN place, cardinals) no only took one fish out of my tank as a test discus to ensure all new comers are safe. no other fish especially not my avatar will be going into the qt. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice