Quarantining German Blue Rams

DavidMatt66
Hi! I have 2 female blue rams I received a few weeks ago. I’ve waited to medicate the 30 gallon tank that they’re in because I have 5 more rams coming in today. My question is if all 7 GBRs will be ok quarantining in the 30 gallon until I move them to their separate tanks? I generally quarantine for 3-4 weeks but I’m worried there could be some fighting during the quarantine. There are also plenty of rocks and plants in the tank...will this help by breaking line of sight? Or is it better to remove them so the rams don’t make territories?

FinalFins
Hi there,

All 7 of them will be fine in there temporarily. Once they pair off you may encounter territorial problems. I would try to keep it bare bottom with lots of decor, to break lines of sight and give them cover so they are not stressed

DavidMatt66
FinalFins said:
Hi there,

All 7 of them will be fine in there temporarily. Once they pair off you may encounter territorial problems. I would try to keep it bare bottom with lots of decor, to break lines of sight and give them cover so they are not stressed
Ok thank you so much. Is bare bottom better because you can keep an eye on waste/food?

FinalFins
DavidMatt66 said:
Ok thank you so much. Is bare bottom better because you can keep an eye on waste/food?
Yup, and ease of cleaning.

Latest threads

Top Bottom