Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarium Josh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just bought 6 black skirt tetras 3 are schooling together those three the sports on them are dark black the other 3 are all in separate spots much lighter just chilling at the bottom 2 of the 3 will come up and get food when I feed them the third just waits for food to pass it's face what should I do? And if they are sick can I use a all in one medication on the tank to get them better? Ph7.6 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10

Skirts not sports

Last edited by a moderator:

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How long have you had them? It takes several days for them to start acting normal. So don't worry unless it's been more than 3 days. I just brought home 4 black skirts last night myself. They were sooo freaked out last night, but today they seem fine. Their coloring is much better too.

OP
A

Aquarium Josh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got them on Sunday I noticed that they get there color back when the lights are off and act normal a d school all together. It won't hurt though if I do med the whole tank though will it?

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Meds are naturally toxic... I see no reason to if you dont see clear symptoms.
Your fish are probably stressed by the light, too bright light will freak them out. Give them hiding places and shade.
I had to give my fish some terracota pots and PVC tubings in my 10 gal because they were really freaking out at my lights.

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
@Aquarium Josh it is up to you whether you want to treat them or not. If they have no outward signs of actual illness it isn't necessary to treat them with meds. Now a lot of people will treat preventatively. I am one of them, but I did research for weeks, and decided on my own.

Are they on their own in a quarantine tank?

OP
A

Aquarium Josh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They are doing great it was just the light freaking them out I dropped the light from 16 hours to 12 hours and bought 2 more made them feel a lot more comfortable

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
16 hours? Wowwww, that is way too much. And I don't think fish care about the time they are on but about the intensity of it and if there are hiding places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom