Quarantine your Marimos! I had a little worm on mine.

aHumanBeing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just picked up 4 Marimos from Petsmart from that were in their own containers. Took them home and looked at the biggest one and what do ya know...there's a 1/4" scaly worm on top of it wiggling around! So these Marimos are going to bathe in a little container with Seachem Paraguard for a while. You can never be too sure about Marimos even if they are in those little containers ready to go.

Quarantine your Marimos folks! I can't imagine what might have happened had that worm gotten into my tank

I didn't get a picture of him, I washed him off and it went right down the garbage disposal to be destroyed.

Kellye8498

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got ramshorn snail eggs on mine :/ Now my tank has tons of babies stuck to the glass and I am MAD. I didn't want any snails besides my mysteries which are all that is in the tank besides one guppy and an albino BN pleco. GRRRRRR!!

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should QT/treat any new plants before adding them to your system. All of these plants, except tissue culture, come from non-sterile environments so there's always a possibility of algae and hitchhikers. The odds that it's something that is actually harmful are quite low overall, but it's a good practice nonetheless.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom