Quarantine Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by fishes were wishes, Jul 20, 2017.

1. fishes were wishes

fishes were wishesValued MemberMember

I just picked up a ten gallon tank to use for quarantine. Anyway I can make it beautiful? Or should I just keep it stripped down for easy cleaning?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

I keep mine bare bottom so I can monitor fish poop and it makes it pretty easy to vacuum. I have a bunch of plastic and silk plants and a little cave as decor. I use these so I can toss them easily and not feel too sad about it. If you have a fast growing plant, you could probably toss it in so the fish have some natural cover.

3. sfsamm

sfsammWell Known MemberMember

My qt I use plastic plants so they can be easily sanitized and in the case of anything prolific can be tossed and replaced. I usually have cheap gravel or leftover sand also just for comfort of the fish. I don't leave it running all the time though I set up when I need it and just have the filter running on a different tank that I gut and sterilize and replace media in after every use.

4. LetsfishWell Known MemberMember

I also have a 10 gal quarantine with gravel and plastic plants.I keep it running and have 2 10 cent feeder goldfish in there to keep the cycle going.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice