Quarantine Tank

1. fishes were wishes Member Member

I just picked up a ten gallon tank to use for quarantine. Anyway I can make it beautiful? Or should I just keep it stripped down for easy cleaning?
  2. RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

I keep mine bare bottom so I can monitor fish poop and it makes it pretty easy to vacuum. I have a bunch of plastic and silk plants and a little cave as decor. I use these so I can toss them easily and not feel too sad about it. If you have a fast growing plant, you could probably toss it in so the fish have some natural cover.

3. sfsamm Well Known Member Member

My qt I use plastic plants so they can be easily sanitized and in the case of anything prolific can be tossed and replaced. I usually have cheap gravel or leftover sand also just for comfort of the fish. I don't leave it running all the time though I set up when I need it and just have the filter running on a different tank that I gut and sterilize and replace media in after every use.
  4. Letsfish Member Member

I also have a 10 gal quarantine with gravel and plastic plants.I keep it running and have 2 10 cent feeder goldfish in there to keep the cycle going.