Quarantine T8 Lighting Question 

BobRocio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m setting up a Fluval Evo 13.5 gallon which will eventually have some LPS coral in it hopefully.

I always quarantine new stock for my tanks so firstly I would like to ask if a setup like that of a freshwater quarantine do the job? I have a 20 gallon with a sponge filter, powerhead, and t8 tube light fitting. Will this work for a quarantine setup? If so what t8 globes are there that I can use to quarantine LPS coral under for 6 weeks or so?

Thanks

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would add some live rock or reef sand to get something argonite based in the tank to stabilize ph.
As for the lighting I think I would just go buy a clip on shop light from Home Depot and get an LED coral grow bulb. Try to match color and intestines of both tanks so you won’t shock the corals light wise when placing them in the new tank.

Even something like this would do it.

BobRocio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks so much for your help.Live rock sounds like a great idea, I prefer bare bottom in quarantine tanks for maintenance.

Thanks I’ll look into that lighting. The LED in the link seems like a good cheap option! I’m in Australia and it looks like shipping from that site might be a bit of a pain but I’ll have to look into it more.

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
BobRocio said:
Thanks so much for your help.Live rock sounds like a great idea, I prefer bare bottom in quarantine tanks for maintenance.

Thanks I’ll look into that lighting. The LED in the link seems like a good cheap option! I’m in Australia and it looks like shipping from that site might be a bit of a pain but I’ll have to look into it more.
Sorry didn’t know your location. I’m sure you can find something similar around you. Amazon maybe?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom