Quarantine Amano shrimp?

Redroofinn

My wife surprised with some amano shrimp on Friday. I've always wanted them but haven't been able to find them. I put them in my quarantine tank and then came across posts on here saying that no one ever quarantines their shrimp lol. I'm not very knowledgeable on shrimp diseases and if they can be passed to fish.

So two questions....
1. Is there a need to QT shrimp?
2. If there is no need for it, can I put them in the tank I wanted them for? Or is it too much stress to go from LFS to QT on Friday and then to my 29 gal today? QT and 29 are same temp and same water parameters. Both are cycled and established tanks.

Thanks in advance!

StarGirl

Im not sure if there are diseases that transfer, but you already have them in QT you may as well leave them as long as you usually do. Since the tanks are the same you can just transfer them later. They are pretty hardy so they should be fine.

Redroofinn

StarGirl said:
Im not sure if there are diseases that transfer, but you already have them in QT you may as well leave them as long as you usually do. Since the tanks are the same you can just transfer them later. They are pretty hardy so they should be fine.
Thanks for the advice!

Latest threads

Top Bottom