Qt Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Igor95, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Igor95

Igor95 Well Known Member Member

Just ordered 13 candycane tetras and 12 rummynose, should be coming in tomorrow. I'm going to treat with prazi for a week, then keep em in for the rest of the month to observe for any problems. I've never qt'd with meds before, so my question is, can I feed them while they're in qt for internal parasites, or should I not feed for the whole week?

2. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

You should at least feed them once a Day so they don’t die!

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

You can feed them. You don't have to do every day, maybe every other day. You just want to be able to see if there is any white poo vs. brown poo.

4. TexasGuppy

TexasGuppy Well Known Member Member

Prazi can also suppress appetite so try not to over feed which could cause ammonia spikes as well.

5. OP
    OP
    Igor95

I won't overfeed @TexasGuppy , I just want to get them by for the week

6. OP
    OP
    Igor95

Just received the 13 candycane tetras, the rummynose were out of stock so I'll get em within the week. Didn't expect to get fry, but oh well I'll grow them out

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    Igor95

I won't be using meds since they're pretty much fry. Ordered some brine shrimp eggs, feeding crushed flakes for now. Thanks for the input though guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice