Qt Doesnt Have To Be A Tank... Proof

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
so i just wanted to say and show that sometimes a qt is nessisary, and some ppl will say well i dont have a spare tank, well here is PROOF a tank is not needed. in the picture below is a five gallon bucket, with a sponge filter i MADE FROM HOSE HOLD PRODUCTS, aside from air pump,and tubing, and a heater i had as spare. dont worry if its not pretty, it doent have to be

edit: this is currenlt holding 8 one month old guppy fry that got ick from bad water quality, athough its temporary , it is working like a charm

Attachments

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice, you can also use a tote box or whatever that can hold water and that's not toxic.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fashooga said:
Nice, you can also use a tote box or whatever that can hold water and that's not toxic.
yes, infact anything food grade is 100% safe for fish, you can do it is your sole tank. iv seen people use giant sterilite tup for gold fish as a ppond. its a very inexpensive and helpful tool to utilize

edit: lol i thought you were asking hhaha

i also spent zero dolllars on the filter i made for it. i had the air line and air hose as im sure most fish keepers have at least thes. it took me 24 hours to "construct" only because i ha to regulate heater, but im sure it didnt nee that long. i find that alot of people dont or wont qt because they dont have a "tank". a tank is simply a luxury for the eye, but is is indeed not nessisary

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That’s really cool! I personally don’t use qt tanks because I don’t really find the need for them unless one of my fish get sick. But that looks great!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom