Python Won’t Fit On My Bathroom Sink. Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by all-out-fallout, Apr 17, 2018.

1. a

all-out-fallout Valued Member Member

My tank is in a very inconvenient place that makes lugging buckets of water around a chore (and possibly a big mistake). I really want to get a python, but I don’t see any way I could fit it on my sink. I’m at work right now so I have no way of taking s picture, but I found a very close model online. What are my alternatives? Are there adapters for sinks without thread marks?​

Attached Files:

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

I've never see pythons suited for this type of sink before without threads. Have you tried using ducktape lol.

3. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Can you see if you can take of the aerator? I had to remove the aerator in order to see the threads on the tap.

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

You indeed have to remove the aerator off any tap to expose threads.

5. j

jlm418 Valued Member Member

If you don't know what they mean by aerator its the piece on the bottom the water comes out. It should just screw off

6. Vince00

Vince00 Valued Member Member

I have the same style, remove the aerator, screw on the python brass adapter, hook up the python and away you go, I've since moved my tank onto the main floor so I run the python out my front door onto the lawn, hit the syphon once or twice and voila... to refill I use prepared RO water so I don't do the sink / tap fill, drop a pump in a 30 gallon container and pump it to the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice