Python water change

Demonskid

I'd like to gather information on the different methods people use to dechlorinate their water while using their Water Change system, as I just bought a Python. I'm working on getting a larger tank, gathering the items I need for it. And also, I'm trying to gather the information needed to properly use these items.

I live in an apartment, so the method with the less water on the floor, the better.

CTYankee79

I just started using a python as well, I squirt in Prime and ferts in the tank right under the fresh stream of water.

SallImSayin

Say for my 55, I dose for the correct amount for a 55, then start the water changer. Then, I add a dash of it at the end, just to be safe. It's probably not necessary, but I do it anyway. With buckets, I just over do it and treat each bucket haphazardly, it's better with the water changer.

My fish love water changes and there's never been any weirdness afterwards in the 10+ years I've been keeping them.

LadfromLondon

I dose Prime straight into the water column and where the water has good flow to spread it out. Then I just add the water. Simple as that.

Demonskid

CTYankee79 said:
I just started using a python as well, I squirt in Prime and ferts in the tank right under the fresh stream of water.
SallImSayin said:
Say for my 55, I dose for the correct amount for a 55, then start the water changer. Then, I add a dash of it at the end, just to be safe. It's probably not necessary, but I do it anyway. With buckets, I just over do it and treat each bucket haphazardly, it's better with the water changer.

My fish love water changes and there's never been any weirdness afterwards in the 10+ years I've been keeping them.
LadfromLondon said:
I dose Prime straight into the water column and where the water has good flow to spread it out. Then I just add the water. Simple as that.
Thanks everyone! Everyone's answers are pretty similar and helps a lot.

Dunk2

Demonskid said:
Thanks everyone! Everyone's answers are pretty similar and helps a lot.
As others have said, make sure you dose Prime based on tank volume and not the volume of water being changed. And sell your buckets.

Demonskid

Dunk2 said:
As others have said, make sure you dose Prime based on tank volume and not the volume of water being changed. And sell your buckets.
Right! I've been doing well on that with the 5.5g shrimp tank, so I should be alright with the larger tank. I'll probably do as SallImSayin does and add a bit extra afterwards as well. It's a larger tank, and my tap has ammonia in it so I want to be extra careful of that.

Latest threads

Top Bottom