Python Update!

1. PythonTheBetta Member Member

Going to the pet store tomorrow, i've got a list going (attached below) and I was wondering, does anyone know of any coupons? Either for Petsmart or manufacturer coupons from seachem or other companies? (I believe Petsmart also accepts competitor coupons as well) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (some of this stuff I also plan to get at Walmart) If there's anything else I should add, let me know!

Lastly, I recently got a new phone case, it has rhinestones on it and is very shiny. I didn't think anything of it until I started taking pictures of Python, she really seems to like the shiny case!! Looks like the case is here to stay![​IMG][​IMG]
    (Snapchat filters FTW!!)

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Looks like you've got everything, do you have a heater and filter? Hey snapchat is only saying that your Python is the star of Finding Dory. She's so good she doesn't even have to be in it to be the star. :)

3. PythonTheBetta Member Member

The new tank has a filter and the house stays pretty constant in the 78-82F range so a heater isn't necessary.
    Haha! Python would love to be the star of Finding Dory (although there might be a problem with saltwater vs freshwater... )

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I would skip the stick-on thermometer and go for an internal one instead. More accurate;)

Also, if you sign up for the PetSmart PetPerks membership and give them your email address they'll send you e-coupons. At least they do here;)

5. PythonTheBetta Member Member

I've considered internal but I'd be afraid the glass would break, and digital ones are pricey. I've used the stick-on with both temporary tanks so far and it's accurate. Although I understand why internal ones are trusted more.

I did sign up for pet-perks, about 10 minutes ago actually! Although, I made a typo in my phone number and can't figure out how to correct it

6. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Why are you afraid of the glass breaking?

7. PythonTheBetta Member Member

It's an irrational fear I guess, I tend to be an over protective betta mom! But I trust petsmart thermometers over walmart ones. Depending on the price I might pick one up
    (the glass on the thermometer, not the tank, just to clear up any possible confusion!)

8. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Oh haha I get it, if you where to get one I'd place it in the middle and move it out when you clean, just to be extra safe. Although I seriously doubt it'll brake, but it is better to be safe than sorry.;)

9. PythonTheBetta Member Member

I'll probably stick with the stick-on (no pun intended!) for now, mostly because of the price, but I might upgrade to an internal one at some point. (or if there's no stick-on ones). Is there a certain brand you recommend?

10. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I have lots of those floating internal thermometers and apart from my plants occasionally eating them (I swear!) I haven't had any problems with them and none have broken.

11. PythonTheBetta Member Member

Did I read that right? Plants that eat thermometers? I have to hear more about this!

12. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

LOL I keep losing thermometers in my tanks. Once when I took a tank down I found three buried in the substrate, tangled in the roots! I even caught a plant in the act of taking a thermometer down;)

13. PythonTheBetta Member Member

That's crazy!! I've never heard of plants doing that!

14. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Neither have I, guess I'm just lucky:p