Python Syphon

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by L1995, Apr 8, 2017.

1. L

L1995 New Member Member

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

Almost any kind of adapter that you are looking to buy is going to need you to remove the aerator. There are ways of getting around that, but if it is your kitchen tap I don't think you want to do it...

3. OP
    OP
    L

L1995 New Member Member

I've had a look and don't think there is anyway of getting the aerator off, I would be using it on the tap in the utility room so it wouldn't matter too much.

4. APierce

Look and see if there are already threads on the outer or inner part of the faucet already. If you had a picture of what your talking about I might be able to help you out more too.

5. OP
    OP
    L

L1995 New Member Member

I'm not really too sure what I'm looking for so I have attached a picture [​IMG]

6. bgclarke

bgclarke Well Known Member Member

Do you have a piece of rubber sheet (i.e. a jar opener)?

I bet you could use that to turn it clockwise to remove it.

Python makes a generic connector that will fit over faucets that don't have a removable aerator.

7. APierce

Awesome! Take a pair of vice grips, put them on the aerator, use your other hand to hold the top of the faucet and take the aerator off. If you don't have vice grips then use pliers. If you don't have pliers, you could use a pickle jar opener.

8. OP
    OP
    L

L1995 New Member Member

Thanks, I didn't think of using something to remove it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice