Python No Spill 'n Fill....

1. FishFan Member Member

OK-Fish Friends. I got one of these tonight. Any tips? Advice? Is it easy to use? I am excited to use it, but I just cleaned my tank yesterday, so I need to wait a week. Any tips, etc., would be greatly appreciated! I'm beat, so good night all :)

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

You wil love your python! The best tip I could give, is to be careful when you turn the water on and off from the valve near the gravel tube. If you leave the valve closed for very long, the water pressure, will probably force the connection on your sink to blow, and you will have water flying everywhere. Only use this valve when absolutely necessary. I usually turn my water off and on from the sink and only use that other valve when I'm filling multiple tanks and shut it off for only a few seconds to move the tube from one tank to another. Another good idea, is depending on where you live, at least in the summertime, hook your python up to your outside hose if you can, and point the water flow toward your garden. It's a great way to give your plants some extra nutrients, and you're pouring the dirty fishie water outside instead of in your sink. I live in Florida, so I can do this most of the time except in dead winter. ;)

3. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

HAHAHAHA I thought for a minute you had actually got a snake python!! I thought oooh thats cool! ;D

4. FishFan Member Member

OK-I finally got to use my Python today. OMG-what a breeze!!! I'm pregnant, so I can't be lifting & lugging all those heavy buckets anymore, so that's what made me buy a Python for my 55 gallon. I'd say anyone with larger than a 20 gallon should have one! It was SO easy!!! Why didn't anyone tell me I couldn't live without one of these?!?!?! LOL I'm glad I spent the $30 on it-saves major time and backache!!! I now look forward to my water changes-not like before-I'd put it off & put it off...my poor fishies :(

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Anyone with anything larger than a 10 gal. tank should own one. It's the best $30.00 you'll ever spend!

6. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Yeah - they are way cool. It makes doing water changes a breeze. No water splasing everywhere or messing up your plants/decorations. The only tip I can think of right now - Don't over tighten any of the fittings. Since they are plastic you can easily strip them by over tightening. I'm on my second set of fittings that hook up to the faucet.

7. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I think I'm on my third set of fittings. Mary, if you need to replace the adapter on the faucet in the future, get the brass fitting next time. It's about a dollar more and doesn't wear out.

8. FishFan Member Member

The funny thing is-the Python is made about 50 miles from where I live! It's nice to see something so awesome come out of Wisconsin! Well-besides cheese, brats & beer ;) I will have to get brass fiitings. There is NO WAY I will revert to the buckets!!! I was careful not to over tighten the fittings-I wanted to make sure it worked & not wreck it right away-LOL So, thanks guys and I am SO d*mn happy I invested that $30 (don't tell anyone, but knowing what I know now, I would've gladly paid more for it!) Have a great week!

9. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I paid over $60.00 for mine. I got the 50 foot long python and bought it at a local fish store. I could have gotten it cheaper online, but I didn't want to wait. I would have paid $100.00 for one. I have no regrets.