Python, Lee's, Or Aqueon Water Changer?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by CarrieFisher, Apr 24, 2017.

1. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

Exactly as the title implies.

If you participate, please list PROS and CONS gained from your experience with each of which you can speak.

Thanks

2. BHK3Well Known MemberMember

I just ordered the Python so I technically haven't used any of them yet. The Python was more expensive than the other two. They all look to be essentially the same thing, but I went with the Python because it had so many drastically better reviews on Amazon. Most of the complaints I saw on Lee's and Aqueon's had to do with quality and parts breaking early on. Like I said, no personal experience yet, but that's what led me to make my decision.

3. NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

There is very little that can go wrong with these - they are such simple devices. I haven't seen the Lee's water changer, but I wore out a python after 15 years, and am 7 years in on an Aqueon. They get used here, with a large fishroom.
    Price is all that matters to me.

4. Neptune334Valued MemberMember

I have always heard good things about the Python, but have never actually used it. I have a small tank so I just bought the cheapest syphon at the store, and it happened to be an Aqueon. I haven't had any issues with it breaking.

5. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

I've used two aqueons and a python. Using the python currently. Both aqueons ended up breaking and after 2 of them broke in the exact same place, I went with the python. I personally prefer the aqueon more than the python but so far the python hasn't broke

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice