Python Hose

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by michaelh, Aug 6, 2017.

1. michaelh

michaelh Valued Member Member

I recently bought a python hose and i am really enjoying it. The distance between the tank and the tap (it's a bathroom sink) is about 37 feet, so I bought the 50 feet model (my wife really didn't like the kitchen sink being used to clean the tank). I found that the python doesn't manage to pick up the gravel in order to actually vacuum it, as a result a lot of debris stays in the tank. My only assumption is that maybe the hose is too long and does not manage to create the strong suction needed (too many loops on the floor).
    Anyone encountered such a problem? Any feedback welcome!

2. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

Do you have a door or window nearby that you could use to drain the hose outside? I had a similar issue when draining into the sink (not to mention the waste of tap water bothered me). But if I get the suction going myself and toss the draining end outside on my grass I get really good suction. And I can water my plants with the great waste water! I heat plants love nitrates. :)

3. bgclarke

bgclarke Well Known Member Member

I have the 25 foot version and it barely has any suction for cleaning the gravel.
    I think part of the problem in my case is that the kitchen tap is higher than the tanks.
    It pulls water from the tanks ok, but I have to use a battery powered vacuum to clean the tanks.

4. OP
    OP
    michaelh

michaelh Valued Member Member

The question is if there is any way to fix this. In the company's videos and advertisements it works gr8.

5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I have a 25foot one , and it works great. Picks up everything I need it to without problems.

My guess is their isn't enough suction for the lenght.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. KO_

KO_ Valued Member Member

I have the 50 foot model and can pick up and vacuum gravel with ease. The smaller pieces will even end up in the sink 50 feet away. And this is using a bathroom sink about 45 feet away.

7. BHK3

BHK3 Well Known Member Member

Do you have your water turned on full blast while you're vacuuming? The stronger the flow coming our your tap, the stronger (in theory anyway) the flow should be.

I've also heard that pinching the hose a bit can create some more suction, but I don't have hands on experience with that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice