Python Gravel Vac - Non Mixer Taps

Sprogladite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi all,

I am looking at the python no spill system, but have some questions about how it would work. My tank is literally right next to a bathroom so could work fantastically well - except, I don't have mixer taps.

The taps we have are similar to these:

Victorian GOLD bath taps – Batemill Plumbing and Heating Centre

There is no clear way to unscrew anything to be able to attach the vac to the tap, and even if there was I need to be able to use both taps at once. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get around this? Is there some sort of device/tool/thingy that I can get to turn my two taps into a single mixer tap that the python can attach to?

@Lchi87 , @el337 ? Anyone? This looks so good I really need someone to tell me there's a solution to this so I can justify buying it lol!

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The adapters that my Aqueon came with didn't fit my faucet so I went to my hardware store and they gave me a rubber adapter that fit over my faucet. You could use one of those to drain the tank but I'm not sure how you would be able to fill the tank back up since you have 2 separate taps. Do you have a tub in the bathroom that uses one faucet?

Sprogladite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Unfortunately no, the sink and the bath both have separate taps. I never even thought about the fact there are two taps instead of one!! The irony is there is a tap upstairs that is further away that IS mixer tap but there are no threads on it and no visible option to unscrew anything to expose them

EDIT: my tank is upstairs too, it's no more than 30 feet away I would say.

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh ok, then why not use that bathroom upstairs with the one tap and get the rubber adapter from the hardware store? It has a screw on the side of it that allows it to fit over the faucet pretty tightly. It's what I've been using for 2 years with no issues.

Sprogladite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I guess this is the part where i admit I am the stereotypical girl who knows nothing about DIY/hardware/anything remotely handy lol...do you have a pic of what I should be looking for or maybe a link? Sorry to be a pain I am just completely useless when it comes to these things lol ops:

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Haha I know nothing about these things either. When I first got the water changer and saw the adapters wouldn't work with my faucet, I was about to tell my husband to install a new one just for my water changer! Lol

This is what I have in my bathroom. You can see there's a part on the side you can tighten with wrench and the threading you can screw on.

Are you sure you don't have an aerator that unscrews from the bathroom faucet? If not, no biggie. Just remember to take the python adapter to the hardware store so they can get you one that fits.

7fcc829d9e088d1051ebb34161804aef.jpg

Sprogladite

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Take it to the store...that's genius, why didn't I think of that?? Lol. Thank you so much for your help!! I will order one and we will figure it out... one way or another haha

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom