Python Gravel Cleaner

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello everyone. Hope your doing well & staying safe. IM finally going to get a Python for my tanks. I haven't because of having a modern faucet. I was wondering if this faucet from Lowes would work? Thank you.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don’t see the faucet your looking to get. But I would bring the piece of the python you attach to the sink with you that way while your at Lowe’s you can ask them to open the faucet package and try the python and if it doesn’t fit then have them help u get the proper attachment. Good luck!!

OP
Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
I don’t see the faucet your looking to get. But I would bring the piece of the python you attach to the sink with you that way while your at Lowe’s you can ask them to open the faucet package and try the python and if it doesn’t fit then have them help u get the proper attachment. Good luck!!
Good idea. Thank you so much!!!

Algonquin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Let us know if it works out, and how you like the Python. Been thinking about getting one.
Do keep us posted! :)

Fishproblem

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just got a python myself, and it's flipping awesome. It should work with that faucet. The end piece that holds the screen in where the water comes out (technical, I know) should unscrew. Then you can screw the python adaptor in. The adaptor is suited for internal or external threads.

OP
Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Algonquin said:
Let us know if it works out, and how you like the Python. Been thinking about getting one.
Do keep us posted! :)
Hello. I will definitely let you know. IM excited about getting it.

OP
Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fishproblem said:
I just got a python myself, and it's flipping awesome. It should work with that faucet. The end piece that holds the screen in where the water comes out (technical, I know) should unscrew. Then you can screw the python adaptor in. The adaptor is suited for internal or external threads.
Hello. Thanks for looking at the picture. I hope it works with the faucet. IM so glad you like it. I can't wait to get mine.

Koenig44

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should be able to take the spout piece off, and put the o ring from the Python on. The Python o ring works with almost all standard faucets.

Also, it's best to just leave the Python o ring on as your normal spout piece; as you'll be using it all the time.

Fishproblem

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Koenig44 said:
Also, it's best to just leave the Python o ring on as your normal spout piece; as you'll be using it all the time.
i did exactly this haha. can confirm, just leave the adaptor on.

Argos

Reaction score
Just a quick warning: I invested in a Python and it basically collects dust now. My water pressure isn't strong enough to create the suction. In addition, my tank/sink elevation positions render the Python useless in filling up the tank as well.

Definitely a case by case basis, but just wanted to make you aware. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an adequate way to check if you have ample water pressure before purchase. I guess you could always return the Python if that is the case.

It is hard to tell on the faucet you chose if the spout unscrews, but if it does then the Python will attach just fine. I actually had to go out an purchase a new sink just for the Python to connect, and now it doesn't even work! :confused: Oh well, maybe the next house.

Good luck!

OP
Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi everyone. I decided not to get the Python. The water pressure would be a problem. Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate it.

New Threads