pygmy gouramis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbandflow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with pygmy gouramis. I found this breeder on aquabid who is selling them and they are gouramis that only grow to be like 1.5 - 2 inches. He also says that six of them can live together. I'm interested cuz the bid is only up to like six bucks and he lives relatively close to me so I might be able to go and just pick them up (saving like 35 on shipping charges for like ten bucks in gas, a little time, and much less stressed out fish).

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
here's what I found on Pygmy Gouramis.

They are shy fish and it is recommended to keep them only with their own kind.  It is not recommended to keep them in a large aquarium.  They can eat prepared foods or small live foods.

You may not be able to determine the sex of the fish .  They love warm temperatures and are very fragile if it is not kept warm.

They are bubblenest breeders (related to Bettas - don't even think of putting them together) and can be easy to breed if the right pair are acquainted, but very difficult if they decide they don't care for each other.  Sometimes it works quite well and sometimes not at all.  Males care for fry and they hatch in about 30 hours.

All this information came from but was not quoted from:

Aquarium Fishes of the World by Dr. Herbert Axelrod, Dr. Warren E. Burgess, Glen S. Axelrod, David E. Boruchowitz

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes totally different beautiful little fishes. With the scientific name you should be able to do a search and find lots of info
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom