Pygmy Corydoras

David N Ragsdale

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey everyone, I looked through a few months worth of posts and didnt see anything on the Pgymy topic.

I'm new to the hobby but I'm extremely fascinated in these little guys (as well as their full size cousins) However none of my lfs have had them for the past 3 months. Today I went into petsmart and they actually sell them for 99 cents. She told me she could order me as many as I want.

My question is should I breed them? I have 2 10 gallon tanks ready to go for it and have done a lot of research, but would like to hear it from you guys. From what I read it sounds like I am more than capable of doing so.

Thanks!

OP
David N Ragsdale

David N Ragsdale

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Katie13 said:
Pygmy Cories are active and really need a minimum of 20g.
Its only for breeding purposes though. They would mainly live in a 20 long I'm setting up.

bitseriously

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I can’t claI'm to have experience breeding fish, but I’m headed there. I recommend a species only tank, so you don’t have to trade off this or that parameter for other inhabitants. Sure add some snails or shrimps (not ghost) for cleanup, but otherwise go with just the pygmies.

OP
David N Ragsdale

David N Ragsdale

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bitseriously said:
I can’t claI'm to have experience breeding fish, but I’m headed there. I recommend a species only tank, so you don’t have to trade off this or that parameter for other inhabitants. Sure add some snails or shrimps (not ghost) for cleanup, but otherwise go with just the pygmies.
That's the plan. 10 gallon for the breeding and a 10 for the juveniles until they're ready to be sold. Plus I might set up a 20 Long as a pgymy and cherry shrimp tank only

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom