Pygmy cory issue

Aqua Hero
A long long while back I use to have a huge school of pygmy cories that would always swim around the tank and were quite bold. normally swimming in teams of 3-4 all around the tank.

then the number decreased and I hadn't seen them so often. Later on I added a circulation pump and started my pressurized co2 system in the tank. the small group of cories then started to only hang around the back of the tank just hide.

at first I thought it was a number issue and bought 7 more pygmies. now I have 15-17 pygmy cories and I hardly see 5 of them unless I do a major WC then they all come out.

my green neons, scarlets, gouramis and ottos are always out and about visible in the tank but never my pygmies.

Does anyone know why this is? Could it be the co2 or flow or both?
how can I get them to come out more?

Advertisement
TexasDomer
It shouldn't be the CO2, but the flow might be too much. Where do you have the pump pointing? Does it cause flow over the whole tank or just parts of it?

Advertisement
Aqua Hero
well being a wavemaker it does have a wide spread but I think it is stronger near the front. its placed at the back but create a circular flow around the tank

TexasDomer
If they're in the back and the flow is weakest in the back, that may be the issue.

Aqua Hero
I see. alright I will try to change the direction of flow and see if that changes anything

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Rye3434
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views