20 Gallon Tank Pygmy cories in 20 gallon?

flopperfrog

i have a 20 gallon high, and i was wondering is that enough floorspace for pygmies? ive heard people say you need a 20 long if you want to keep cories, but ive heard others say theyve kept them in 10 gallons
slightly planted
if you can, how many would you be able to keep? cubic feet is 209, but some of that is taken up by rocks and plants

fallfever

As always, depends on what else you have in there, but 6-8 would fit nicely I would think. They are really small.

GuppyGal7

For Pygmy Corys, a 20G high is fine. I agree 10 is very bare minimum, but they use vertical space a lot more than other Corys do.

flopperfrog

GuppyGal7 said:
For Pygmy Corys, a 20G high is fine. I agree 10 is very bare minimum, but they use vertical space a lot more than other Corys do.
how many could you keep in a 20H?

PurpleReign19

flopperfrog said:
how many could you keep in a 20H?
Probably 6-8. Maybe 10 but Im not sure. They love to be in a large school and will use every bit of floor space you have.

flopperfrog

FreshwaterFins99 said:
Probably 6-8. Maybe 10 but Im not sure. They love to be in a large school and will use every bit of floor space you have.
do they eat baby shrimp? yk bc theyre so tiny

PurpleReign19

flopperfrog said:
do they eat baby shrimp? yk bc theyre so tiny
Not sure. Corys are usually scavengers but I guess they could if they got hungry.

flopperfrog

FreshwaterFins99 said:
Not sure. Corys are usually scavengers but I guess they could if they got hungry.
so if i feed them well i could have the shrimp breeding and having babies that dont get eaten?

PurpleReign19

flopperfrog said:
so if i feed them well i could have the shrimp breeding and having babies that dont get eaten?
That should work.

Zach72202

Pygmy cory's are some of the least outgoing corys I have owned. They like to hide a lot, so dense plant cover is always recommended. When it comes to stocking, if you want to do a species only tank, you could probably have 20 in a fairly dense planted tank, but if it is sparsely planted, they would all probably huddle in a corner. They like to be in groups and have low bioload. If it were to be a community tank, I would say you could have 8 to 10 comfortably. Keep in mind, a bigger school makes them feel more comfortable.

Latest threads

Top Bottom