purple tip anemone and kole tang got into it.

jstew600

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
IMG_2722 (800x600) - Copy.jpg
IMG_2718 (800x600).jpg

i think my anem and yellow eyed tang had a tussle. the tang usually never goes near the anem, last night the tangs tail and fins are tore up and the anem was just a wad stuck to a rock. the tang would back up to it as if to tail slap it but wouldnt.
all other fish look fine, the clowns would even wonder over to the anem and have alook.today the tang is hiding behind the overflow with its barbs out ( never seen them out before) all other fish still look fine.i removed the anem last night.any way to heal this tang quicker?

jstew600

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
HELP!! kole tangs tail is almost gone!!

My earlier post of my tang and anemone fighting got no response. Now the anem is gone but I looked at the tang just now and his tail fin is almost completely gone!! He must be beating something but no fish are injured. Not sure what to do with it ??!!!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bump!

Bump1.jpg

I have merged your two threads both dealing with the same tank and concerns. I think it will be less confusing to other members. This post will also bump your thread for responses.

Best wishes for your fish!

Ken

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi - need more info on your water parameters. The nem wasn't looking very well in the pic you posted. Were you feeding it? I'm thinking something is a bit off with the nitrates and/or phosphates. Have you tested those lately?

I've never seen tangs messing with anemones. The tangs in my tank leave my nems alone.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom