Purple Rose Queen

cichlids4Lif3

Reaction score
about two days ago I purchased a purple rose queen and the firs night, she attacked a couple of fish in the tank and today I took her out and put her in a bucket to for a couple hours with a heater and airator and now she’s back in the tank but seems to have calmed down significantly. My question is if I should take her back to the store or let her stay. I am leaning toward taking her back but there’s also this feeling inside of me that says let it play out maybe it was Just dominance/territory dispute. Let me know what u guys think and if you have any ideas on how to prevent future instances( I moved everything in the tank before acclimating her)

RonJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A flowehorn is not a community fish unless you keep it with similar aggressive species in a very big tank

OP
C

cichlids4Lif3

Reaction score
RonJ said:
A flowehorn is not a community fish unless you keep it with similar aggressive species in a very big tank
It’s a hundred gallon in which I have kept a flowerhorn in before

RonJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
cichlids4Lif3 said:
It’s a hundred gallon in which I have kept a flowerhorn in before
What are the other fishes? Also not QTing is also dangerous

Gourami36

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
RonJ said:
What are the other fishes? Also not QTing is also dangerous
I agree that not quarantining the flower horn is dangerous. It might get your other fish sick. Usually, flowerhorns aren’t kept in a community tank because they are aggressive. Listing your other fish would be helpful

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
cichlids4Lif3 said:
I want to add a purple rose queen to my hundred gallon fish tank I currently have a blood parrot, green terror, a frontosa, a acara, and two African cichlids water parameters are in order the purple Rose Queen is about 7 1/2 inches. I would like to know if there would be problems between the fish in the tank currently the blood parrot is 9 inches the green terror 5 inches, acara 3 1/2 inches and the frontosa is 7 inches and the africans are 5
From his other thread. I tried to warn ya!

RonJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
AquaticJ said:
From his other thread. I tried to warn ya!
That’s a horrible horrible mix. Africans and Central Americans don’t even speak the same body language

RonJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
AquaticJ said:
Acara, a South American Cichlid, is snuck in there too.
Yeah both Acara and Gold Saum/GT. Both SA Cichlids. And that Acara doesn’t stand a chance.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
OP, were picking on you because we want you to successful.

New Threads