Purple Moscow Guppies breeding.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've got about 30 myself, with another female in the trap ready to drop! Why do you breed them?

Wyoming_Bound

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would you be willing to post the water parameters (as detailed as you're willing)? I'm having a heck of a time getting mine to drop their fry.
Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 Ph 7.6-7.8

They have peice of driftwood coved in java moss, oak leaf water sprite planted and floating. As for foods i use Guppy flake, earthworm, Decapsuated brine shirmp egg, Blood worms, Alge wafers From kensfish.com, and Blackgold, pro gro fry, pro gro(not as fine a fry) from UncleRick on aquabid. For live food mirco worms. I feed 2x a day both differnt foods. I get fry every month. When did you female last dorp?

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's the thing, as far as I know, they haven't. Some of them were in an aquarium that had a couple of fish that would likely have eaten fry, so it's quite possible that they went through some pregnancies. They are all now in a separate tank, and I have not seen a single fry. There is Java moss for hiding, no ammonia or nitrites, nitrates are less than 20. They're not getting as varied a diet as yours, but many people get fry with Tetra flakes, and my guppies' diet is a far cry better than Tetra. The filter has a sponge over it, so the fry shouldn't be getting sucked into the filter, either.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom