Pure Platinum!

Martinismommy
I'm seriously way too attached to this gorgeous boy.....I was talking to my "Chihuahua" friends about him and they are sure I've lost my mind lol......They did have to admit he is the most beautiful Betta boy they have ever layed eyes on......

I finally got the shot I've been waiting for.......It's not my normal crisp focus you are all used to but this is my boy in all his glory! The arched neck the proud little man that he is.....

I swear there was no mirror lol.....He has never seen himself in a mirror.......

"Patron"

210.jpg

COBettaCouple
He's got such beautiful eyes! Definitely pure platinum right down to his eye color.

Martinismommy
He's got such beautiful eyes! Definitely pure platinum right down to his eye color.

Thank you! I think that is one of the things that has drawn me to him.....His white body and dark eye.....You should see this boy in person....He is GORGEOUS!

COBettaCouple
Yea, he's one that could actually make a Splendens breeding worth doing.

Shawnie
he is one amazing boy...I like the pics you take with them facing you the best...dont get me wrong, this one is amazing as always!! but I just like them facing and flaring ...

Martinismommy
Yea, he's one that could actually make a Splendens breeding worth doing.

Bite your tongue Dave lol......You're talking to a lady that bred several Champion doggies.....I know you know that thought has crossed my mind....I would NEVER have the gutts to do it alone without help.....I'm not worried about the raising the fry part....I have the money and room and time to handle that....I'm just worried about the actual breeding! awwwkkkkkkkkkk!

Shawnie
Bite your tongue Dave lol......You're talking to a lady that bred several Champion doggies.....I know you know that thought has crossed my mind....I would NEVER have the gutts to do it alone without help.....I'm not worried about the raising the fry part....I have the money and room and time to handle that....I'm just worried about the actual breeding! awwwkkkkkkkkkk!

ohhhhhh what a visual

"MARTINSCOBETTA CHAMPAINGN BETTA'S"

COBettaCouple
The breeding is the part I could do. *temptation*

Martinismommy

I'm going to tell you he is in a fulltime mode of bubble nesting.....Almost scary he is so obsessed with building it....What has sucked for him is that I have done 50% water changes since the day he arrived so his home keeps getting destroyed (poor guy)....It doesn't stop him.....The next morning it is bigger than the day before......He is finally cycled as of today......I put filter sponge from Wills tank into both the boys yesterday and bam.....It's done...

I just know what I like in a purebred specimen and he is it from head to toe...

COBettaCouple
Yea, I think it would be a relatively easy breeding with a pure platinum female after a few weeks of conditioning.

Martinismommy
Dave.....

Is that the color cross you'd do? Platinum to platinum? Don't you lose pigment? What colors would you get?

Oh, am I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight lol

chickadee
He is glory from one end to the other even with his booboos. He does not even realize he is getting medicine and is a bit on the ouchy side. I think he is regal.

I just love him and Crush both.

Rose

COBettaCouple
I think with 2 pure platinums, there would be a much higher chance of them throwing pure platinum and less chance of red wash.

Dave.....

Is that the color cross you'd do? Platinum to platinum? Don't you lose pigment? What colors would you get?

Oh, am I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight lol

Martinismommy
he is one amazing boy...I like the pics you take with them facing you the best...dont get me wrong, this one is amazing as always!! but I just like them facing and flaring ...

Can't get him flaring but here's a face shot of Crush for Shawnie

211.jpg

MinxMermaid
no doubt about it, Patron is

MAGNIFICANT!!!!!!

i'm a little bit jealous, we just might have to come to arizona and visit him and the chihuahuas!!!

Martinismommy
Thank you! You are always welcome to come visit me and my Doggies and fish! We have a puppy playday at the kennel once a month..Maybe you Rick and your little boy can join us when the weather cools down..It's a lot of fun..50 plus chihuahuas and their owners...

Patron is a VERY special boy......I've seen a LOT of betta fish and have never seen anything that compares to him...He is my "once in a lifetime Betta"

hockeyref88
You know he is a very good looking fish but........................Come on...........Arching his neck??? Fish don't have neck's............They do fart, but a neck?

Barbrella
I think that guy needs a girlfriend.

Angela_96
Patron and Crush are beautiful!!!! You all have had me looking on aquabid for bettas too...if I just had another tank!! (not just cichlids for my new tank)

COBettaCouple
drool She looks so much like my little computer assistant Angel!
I think that guy needs a girlfriend.

Blub
WOW!!! Next time I'm Betta shopping (My dad dropped a widdle hint today!) I'm going for a white one - even pure platimum like him! I wish I had the space and money to breed Betta - I have the time.

chickadee
Chances are you will never see him flare. Rosetails just do not do it much and they aren't hyper fish. I am amazed that he is so singleminded with the bubblenesting. He must be very happy.

Rose

voiceless_kat
My goodness, how pretty would he look on a shirt??? ;He is a great fish!!
( woops, I was back on the first page, I am talking about Crush here)..the electrical storm is mixing up my brain....

Shawnie
thinks val has a crush on "crush" ;D

Alessa
This is without a doubt, the most beautiful fish I have ever seen...
I showed the pic to my mom and she was like: "Why don't u get a betta?"

there goes my paycheck! I am so excited to become a betta mommy!

COBettaCouple
Remember, it's almost impossible to stop at 1.
This is without a doubt, the most beautiful fish I have ever seen...
I showed the pic to my mom and she was like: "Why don't u get a betta?"

there goes my paycheck! I am so excited to become a betta mommy!

pamd
Patron is soooooo beautiful. Okay, so we're all going to Karen's house for the spawning party. You don't mind, do you, Karen, if we camp out in your house for a few days to witness? "We" being about 20 FishLore members.

We'll be quiet, as long as you don't serve too many of those beloved martinis of yours.

Dave and Stacy will bring the female. They've been wanting a breeder-quality female for a while. Right, Dave?

I'll start saving up mayonnaise jars and will bring some sort of Southwest dish for the main cookout.

I'm just kidding about all this, but it's a fun thought.

COBettaCouple
LOL.. Well I do have a concept for a "betta baby barracks" in mind.. some day, some day..

Martinismommy
Patron is soooooo beautiful. Okay, so we're all going to Karen's house for the spawning party. You don't mind, do you, Karen, if we camp out in your house for a few days to witness? "We" being about 20 FishLore members.

We'll be quiet, as long as you don't serve too many of those beloved martinis of yours.

Dave and Stacy will bring the female. They've been wanting a breeder-quality female for a while. Right, Dave?

I'll start saving up mayonnaise jars and will bring some sort of Southwest dish for the main cookout.

I'm just kidding about all this, but it's a fun thought.

Come on down! I could see it now lololololol....Martinis are a must! I'll have to be tipsy to explain this one to Steve

Should I start planning the Betta Shower now Dave?

Shawnie
Ill bring the "kegarator"!!!!! ;D

Martinismommy
Yes! By all means bring the Kegarator!

COBettaCouple
LOL.. I'll have to talk to our friend and have the best platinum OHM female in Thailand shipped over.

Come on down! I could see it now lololololol....Martinis are a must! I'll have to be tipsy to explain this one to Steve

Should I start planning the Betta Shower now Dave?

leafgirl115
I'm my personal view Patron should not be breed. Hes agreat pet but there seems to be a large bump on his head. This is not what bettas should have and you chance spreading it to other bettas.

Martinismommy
:;kmg I didn't ask your opinion but not to worry, he won't be bred because I don't breed Bettas....He is my pet who I love and adore... I think your comment was rude and unnecessary ..

Just for the record, he does NOT have a bump on his head......He was excited and playing with me..He was arching his neck.....

40.jpg

41.jpg

Fishies-for-me
That is not a bump on his head it is the way he has his head held down...my bettas will do that to ..they remind me of a dolphin the way they move their heads and there can be quite a slope when they hold it down!!

leafgirl115
I know you say you do not breed your bettas... but how am I supost to know you may change your mined?

210.jpg
In this pic there looks to be a bump.

In the pics you just posted it is less prominint...

I'm sory if you think my post was rude but I was trying to look out for the betta.

Martinismommy
I appreciate you looking out for Bettas...Rest assured my bettas are well cared for ...I don't have to breed fish for income...They are my hobby not my career.....So no sweat as far as me changing my mind...I don't even own a female lol

Let me ask you, are you a breeder? Do you know the complete anaotmy of the betta fish? I'm curious how you know so much about what is good stock and what isn't...Maybe you could post some photos of some of the "Correct" betta fish you've bred....

One more thing....I'm a photographer and when I shoot/photograph an animal I look for the most dramatic shot possible..I'm not trying to capture a fish floating around...I'm trying to capture their unique personalities...Patron has attitude which I captured in that shot.....It does not mean he has a birth defect.....

43.jpg

hockeyref88
leafgirl.............while I admire your concern for fish, I think you definitely picked the wrong betta mom and the wrong betta to mess with here. There is no better fish owner ANYWHERE than martinismommy and this particular fish is probably a perfect betta. As she mentioned, she is a photographer and is able to capture picture's none of us are able to. If I was you I would leave this one alone............

leafgirl115
I am an amateur breeder. I do know the complete anatomy of the betta (just forget the names sometimes). I have been been reading up and researching about these fish for 3 and a half years. And I have learned a lot (But no one will know everything about them).

Me and a few friends are always looking on AB and seeing what's good stock's out there or the worst possible fish that should not be up and also how much a fish is worth. One is an IBC judge and the other is going though to be one. They know there stuff and we have a lot of fun. I think I have learned the most from them.

I don't have any pics but that is not because I lack fish, but because my camera skills suck...

Its taken me 5 months to track down and fined some HMPK marbled that I just had to have. I took my time and made sure that's the best out there (to a certain degree, I know there are some faults in them but I can deal with them and they can be fixed)

With your fish, the bump is there is every picture just worse in the first one. I'm not trying to be mean, just saying what I see. He has what is called shovelhead and should not ever be used for breeding because that is a huge flaw that has a genetic base. You can tell by his dorsal he carries DT and that is what caused the spinal abnormality he has.

Please understand that someone having a difference of opinion and pointing out flaws or offering criticism is not a personal attack, and there is no reason to get defensive. I do not think anything I said was rude or messing with someone.

You guys love your fish and have them as pets and that's great. This fish could be considered a cull to people that show their fish and I'm glad you saved him. Hes got a great home. I am a betta lover too, and when I see people talking about breeding a fish that should not ever be bred because of genetic defects, it gets me worried, and I had to speak up.

Blub
You guys love your fish and have them as pets and that's great. This fish could be considered a cull to people that show their fish and I'm glad you saved him. Hes got a great home. I am a betta lover too, and when I see people talking about breeding a fish that should not ever be bred because of genetic defects, it gets me worried, and I had to speak up.

Too right you are!;D

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Magoo
Replies
Views
AZrodeo92
Replies
Views
KribensisLover1
Top Bottom