Pure Endlers!!

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
endler%20man%20gr.JPG I went down to the LFS today and female_endler1.jpg they had pure endlers!! Got a pair for breeding so excited to have endlers.

These are not mine but they look the exact same my camera will not work so I could not get any pics of mine.

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Congrats!

Got any pics?

Chris

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice! It's hard to get pure Endlers at the LFS because most of them throw them in the tanks with Guppys and never know the difference.
Carol

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah I know I talked to the owner for a while about how she thinks that it's very important not to mix them she wants to keep the strain pure.
It's a great store. I'll keep you posted on when I get my first batch of fry.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds good Since their habitat has been ruined by pollution all that will be available to us is what's tank raised and kept pure.
Carol

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow, congrats

My LFS was like that too about keeping them pure, I got a lecture when I enquired about them months ago. It's nice that they actually care, unlike some places. It seems that their lecturing has really rubbed off on me

So are you intending to breed and raise/sell the fry to the same LFS?

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats It's great to find them they are really beautiful fish. I've only seen pics online but would love to find some.

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How do I know whether an Endlers is pure?

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yes Rhan I am planning on breeding them but ran into a little problem today. I woke up and went to look at them and the female was swimming around like normal only I could not find the male!!! I looked everywhere and then my dad told me to check the filter.. Uh oh I hate this part I look inside the filter nothing. But after further inspection there was the little guy swimming hard against the current. I scooped him out and now I don't no what to do? I have a 5 gallon that's perfect for them. But my Dad won't let me set it up cause I have to many tanks. any ideas? Wait good news He's letting me set it up in his room!!! I love life!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads