pure dumb....

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by effiefish, Dec 18, 2005.

1. effiefishNew MemberMember

.this is fore sure the most '"stupid" question in fishlore,i know,but i cant figure it out.i was told by the petstore that my tank is 80litres,so i went to calculator 80litr.=21gal. the length=31inch width=13inch,and height 15inch...=70 gall tank says the calculator somebody heeellllppppppp.how many gallons is my tank?21 or 70?where i come from theres no such thing as gall. :-\         ;D if anyone can help id be grateful. ;)

2. OP
    OP
    e

effiefishNew MemberMember

hi guys me again figured it out totally wrong measurements sorry for the nagging :-*

3. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

I dunno, effie. I used the tank calculator myself,( ) and you're right; 80 liters is 21 gallons, but by your length-width-height measurements in inches, your tank would  be about 99 liters and 26 gallons. Did you measure the tank yourself? Maybe re-measure? It's weird that the fish store people would give you an incorrect volume.

Or maybe the tank itself is capable of holding 99 liters/26 gallons, but the fish store people recommend that you keep the level of the water at 80 liters/21 gallons. For overflow reasons...? I'd go back to them for clarification. It wasn't a stupid question, by the way! I'd have been asking the same thing if I'd had the brains to check out the tank calculator.

4. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

Shoot, I just replied. Oh, well, disregard that.

5. JasonWell Known MemberMember

6. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

It's probably approximately a 29 Gal. mine measures 30 inches x 15 inches x12 inches, but thats measuring only the glass. If you measure the plastic trim I get the same measurements as effiefish.
    29 G =109.765 liters. Don't know :-\ The only thing I know to do is to fill a container that you know how much liquid it contains and fill the tank using it. then you will know for sure what it holds :p I had to do that with a tub and a gallon jug last summer. ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice