pure dumb....

1. effiefish Initiate Member

.this is fore sure the most '"stupid" question in fishlore,i know,but i cant figure it out.i was told by the petstore that my tank is 80litres,so i went to calculator 80litr.=21gal. the length=31inch width=13inch,and height 15inch...=70 gall tank says the calculator somebody heeellllppppppp.how many gallons is my tank?21 or 70?where i come from theres no such thing as gall. :-\         ;D if anyone can help id be grateful. ;)

2. effiefish Initiate Member

hi guys me again figured it out totally wrong measurements sorry for the nagging :-*

3. Janmitch22 Member Member

I dunno, effie. I used the tank calculator myself,(http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/calculator.php) and you're right; 80 liters is 21 gallons, but by your length-width-height measurements in inches, your tank would  be about 99 liters and 26 gallons. Did you measure the tank yourself? Maybe re-measure? It's weird that the fish store people would give you an incorrect volume.

Or maybe the tank itself is capable of holding 99 liters/26 gallons, but the fish store people recommend that you keep the level of the water at 80 liters/21 gallons. For overflow reasons...? I'd go back to them for clarification. It wasn't a stupid question, by the way! I'd have been asking the same thing if I'd had the brains to check out the tank calculator.

4. Janmitch22 Member Member

Shoot, I just replied. Oh, well, disregard that.

5. Jason Well Known Member Member

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

It's probably approximately a 29 Gal. mine measures 30 inches x 15 inches x12 inches, but thats measuring only the glass. If you measure the plastic trim I get the same measurements as effiefish.
    29 G =109.765 liters. Don't know :-\ The only thing I know to do is to fill a container that you know how much liquid it contains and fill the tank using it. then you will know for sure what it holds :p I had to do that with a tub and a gallon jug last summer. ;D