Pure Copper Moter (powerhead)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by Cholo Anderzon, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Cholo Anderzon

Cholo Anderzon Valued Member Member

I'm keeping inverts for few months now together with mollies, platies, swordtails and guppies and I'm planning to add some freshwater bivalves in my tank when I notice that "pure copper motor" is written in the box of the powerhead I'm using (Venusaqua LED M9902).
    I been keeping about 20 rcs and 15 nerite snails for more than a month now, and I notice that some of my rcs carries eggs few days after adding them in the tank but some weeks have passed and I don't see any any pregnant rcs nor any shrimplets also I notice that my nerites are mostly inactive and just 2 or 3 of them are actively moving around also most of them stays just above the water surface.
    I'm curious if the "pure copper motor" got something to do with it. Also if I did add bivalves, will they be alright or will they misbehave as well or will they just die?
    Thank..

2. OP
    OP
    Cholo Anderzon

I'm sorry.. typographical error..
    It's actually.. :
    Pure Copper Motor (powerhead)

3. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Greetings and welcome to the forum :)

That would be the windings in the motor. That does not contact the water...Or is should not as it would short out.

4. OP
    OP
    Cholo Anderzon

Thanks..
    So I guess I'm just over thinking then.
    My rcs and nerites probably misbehave out of different reasons. I hope bivalves will do fine in my tank.

5. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Don't feel bad, I over think just about everything :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice