Pure Ammonia Where do you buy it ?

Gman

Reaction score
I've been to Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, and Walmart and cannot find pure Ammonia. All the ammonia products I've found had surfacents, color, and scent additives in them. Anyone know where I may find some?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I found some at a local Petland. If you have near by you sould check there.
Tom

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've seen it in my local grocery store in the cleaning isle. Though it's usually in such large bottles I don't know that I'd ever bother. You only need to use like 5 drops a day until you can add fish. At that rate you'd barely make a dent in the amount that you bought, and I'm not sure if it has a shelf life (i.e. loses it's strength over time) so you might not even be able to keep it for the next time you need it. You are better off just using fish flakes. A few flakes 2 times a day and you will get the same result, and then once you add fish, you just keep using the flakes . That's just my 2 cents though. Good Luck!

Gman

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I couldn't stand looking at my empty tank any longer so I went searching for it. I found it at an Ace Hardware store. It is the Ace brand and labled as Janitorial Strength Formula with 10% ammonium hydroxide. The ammonia at all the other stores contained at a minimum a surfactant. Guess I'll never need to buy another bottle of it again, it came in a one quart size.

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's exactly the ammonia I got heh.
When we couldn't find any at the local Walmarts we went to Ace Hardware and got some there. It's a HUGE bottle considering you only use a few drops, but hey.. if you suffer from MTS (and actually have the money to support it).. that extra ammonia will come in handy for the new tanks! hehe

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom