Purchasing New Tank Help!

RangersWillReturn
hI guys,

I am looking to make my first tank purchase I am keen on the fluval roma 200, where is the best place to purchase this.( I am open to other tanks if anyone can reccomend) I seen one with cabinet for £399 but its out of stock. I am desperate to get myself a tank and start the process of cycling the water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OneLittleBubble
Are you looking for a all in one set up or just a generic tank

RangersWillReturn
I plan on buyin external filter and anything else I need. I was planning in running tue internal you get with the fluval 200 and purchaing the 206 external. Not 100% sure if this would be ideal but was considering it. The main thing I am looking for is good value for money.

OneLittleBubble
I have a couple questions about the tank
How big is it?
What fish are you looking to buy?
What does it come with?

OneLittleBubble
Ok so it's a 50 gallon that is around 480 usd if you are fine with the price it's up to you, but honestly, fluval makes their products over priced, if that's fine with you then you should get it.

RangersWillReturn
Is there any ones similar to this that you could recommend?

OneLittleBubble
Not really, it's hard to beat the quality of fluval items. The only problem is the price, but if you are willing to spend that much it's a great deal. As for the external filter; I don't think you would need it because in the description it states that it has an internal filter built in I think.

RangersWillReturn
Yeah I think I will go with it because the tank looks great.

I don't really know the best places to shop in the uk though. I only do a google search and see what comes up.

My thought process regarding the external filter was it would be better to run both but I don't have any knowledgee on this I am just assuming. I have much to learn but I can't wait to build my knowledge.

OneLittleBubble
Tell me when you want to decide on the stocking

RangersWillReturn
I will be sure to let you know I just need to find a place who is stocking the tank at a reasonable price

Thanks a bunch.

OneLittleBubble
No problem check amazon.com or ebay they might sell it

RangersWillReturn
Got in contact with the store they said they will have more stock on friday so will have to wait till then.

OneLittleBubble
Nice

RangersWillReturn
Would the fluval roma 240 be able to house angels?

Natatat
I have the Roma 240 bought second hand from gum tree for £200 including cabinet . I also housed angels in it a while back .

Frozen One
RangersWillReturn
Very nice. Thanks.

I have purchases the tank today. Fluval Roma 240. I am looking at substrate what are the reccomendations and how many inches of susbtrate would suffice. I want to get only a couple of real plants and I will get a few fake ones to balance it out.

Was thinking on pea gravel maybe 2 inches but I think I would need something else for plants to grow. Any information I can get I am greatful for

Thanks.

RangersWillReturn
How many inches is recommended is 2 suitable

Like the look of it, so I just just ordered it. Got 3 10 kg bags hopefully that is enough.

OneLittleBubble
Oh, that's a lot I just coat the bottom thinly, but it depends on the fish you get, the more sand the more cleaning and ammonia spikes from oxygen getting trapped.

What fish do you plan on getting?

RangersWillReturn
Would I be better to get another substrate below the sand?

I haven't really thought it through what fish I will get yet, Wanting a nice feature fosh then loads of others that can compliment it. But I will think more of this when I get my tank up and running and healthy for them. Spent a fortune tonight 700 on tank and accessories. Looking forward to getting started. Just want to make it as healthy as possible, I know people on here are really knowledgable so trust the advice. Cheers for all the help so far.

Would this be ok to put below sand to help plants or is the sand ok for plants. Not sure on this at all. I have ordered moss balls and java fern.

OneLittleBubble
Ummmm, I don't know much about plants you can do it if you want, but I can't help you on that. Really sorry

RangersWillReturn
See the ammonia spikes with the sand if I clean the tank once a week which I plan on doing, and give the sand a rake, would this prevent or even limit the spikes ?

OneLittleBubble
It will prevent spikes I usually take during a water change unless you do it really often

RangersWillReturn
Defo be doing it weekly, maybe 20% water change what's reccomended weekly?

OneLittleBubble
Yeah that's good

RangersWillReturn
Thinking on getting a pleco, but read somewhere they will destroy plants.

NLindsey921
I habe a bn pleco in my tank, 2 of them really. They don't touch the plants. They are constantly on the wood or glass.

OneLittleBubble
Yes it really depends on the temperament and size

RangersWillReturn
I will look into getting an anubia plant then.
One more thing to bug yous with, what is a good air **** that isn't noisy, was looking at fluval q-5 but bad reviews on the noise output, I would prefer one that's not noisy if possible.

Also will I need a fertilizer for plants?

OneLittleBubble
Ohhhh, quiet air pumps? I use Fluval q two and fusion quiet pump and aquatop, but I no longer know what's loud and what's not because I got used to it and my fish tanks cover the noise with the filter

RangersWillReturn
Think I will just take the jump and get the q5

OneLittleBubble
Cool

RangersWillReturn
Is the q5 water pump going to be ok with a 240l tank, says in descripyion it does tanks up to 190L. **** it made. Amistake should have got the q2 lol

OneLittleBubble
It's probably fine as long as you don't get any fish that live a lot of oxygen

RangersWillReturn
thank you

OneLittleBubble
No problem

RangersWillReturn
Obviously a few weeks away from getting fish for my tank, can anybody suggest a good way to start stocking? And what type if fish would be best.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
pagoda
Replies
Views
sammJack
Replies
Views
CHJ
Replies
Views