Purchasing New Tank Help!

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hi guys,

I am looking to make my first tank purchase i am keen on the fluval roma 200, where is the best place to purchase this.( I am open to other tanks if anyone can reccomend) I seen one with cabinet for £399 but its out of stock. I am desperate to get myself a tank and start the process of cycling the water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I plan on buyin external filter and anything else i need. I was planning in running tue internal you get with the fluval 200 and purchaing the 206 external. Not 100% sure if this would be ideal but was considering it. The main thing i am looking for is good value for money.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a couple questions about the tank
How big is it?
What fish are you looking to buy?
What does it come with?

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok so it's a 50 gallon that is around 480 usd if you are fine with the price it's up to you, but honestly, fluval makes their products over priced, if that's fine with you then you should get it.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not really, it's hard to beat the quality of fluval items. The only problem is the price, but if you are willing to spend that much it's a great deal. As for the external filter; I don't think you would need it because in the description it states that it has an internal filter built in I think.

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah i think i will go with it because the tank looks great.

I dont really know the best places to shop in the uk though. I only do a google search and see what comes up.

My thought process regarding the external filter was it would be better to run both but i dont have any knowledgee on this i am just assuming. I have much to learn but i cant wait to build my knowledge.

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I will be sure to let you know i just need to find a place who is stocking the tank at a reasonable price

Thanks a bunch.

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Got in contact with the store they said they will have more stock on friday so will have to wait till then.

Natatat

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have the Roma 240 bought second hand from gum tree for £200 including cabinet . I also housed angels in it a while back .

RangersWillReturn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have purchases the tank today. Fluval Roma 240. I am looking at substrate what are the reccomendations and how many inches of susbtrate would suffice. I want to get only a couple of real plants and i will get a few fake ones to balance it out.

Was thinking on pea gravel maybe 2 inches but i think I would need something else for plants to grow. Any information i can get i am greatful for

Thanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom