Purchasing fish online? Question

1. Sparks82 Initiate Member

Just wanted to know if anyone has had great success ordering fish/inverts online? I've never done it and I'm not even sure if it's a good idea.

I have the usual Petco type places around, but I would consider order online from a trustworthy place.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

-Brad

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore Brad

Im not a salty member so I cant answer about the fish question. I just wanted to welcome you and im sure our salty members can help :)

3. Heather12404 Member Member

I have ordered fish and inverts from 3 online stores/people. All with awesome results. I don't know if I'm allowed to write the websites on here or not, but I'm going to anyway.
    Aquabid.com is great for many, many items.
    Breedinusa.com is where I got my dwarf crayfish and my endlers = awesome.
    Consolidatedff.com is where I got my panda cories, and my rams. They're prices per fish are just awesome and it's only $20 for shipping. My fish came from Florida all the way to San Diego, Ca just fine....no DOA's.
    I highly recommend the above websites. Especially the second and third ones listed. The last one is just awesome.

4. Sparks82 Initiate Member

Hi Shawnie,

Thanks for the welcome.

I see you are in NH. It's seems most of the good fish stores are in New Hamshire (at least from where I am). I had to head up there from Boston area to get the bulk of my live rock. :D

5. Sparks82 Initiate Member

Thanks Heather!

I will check those sites out for sure.

6. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I've purchased fish and corals from liveaquaria.com and was always happy with the shipments.