Purchasing fish online? Question

1. Sparks82

Sparks82 Initiate Member

Just wanted to know if anyone has had great success ordering fish/inverts online? I've never done it and I'm not even sure if it's a good idea.

I have the usual Petco type places around, but I would consider order online from a trustworthy place.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

-Brad

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore Brad

Im not a salty member so I cant answer about the fish question. I just wanted to welcome you and im sure our salty members can help :)

3. H

Heather12404 Member Member

I have ordered fish and inverts from 3 online stores/people. All with awesome results. I don't know if I'm allowed to write the websites on here or not, but I'm going to anyway.
    Aquabid.com is great for many, many items.
    Breedinusa.com is where I got my dwarf crayfish and my endlers = awesome.
    Consolidatedff.com is where I got my panda cories, and my rams. They're prices per fish are just awesome and it's only $20 for shipping. My fish came from Florida all the way to San Diego, Ca just fine....no DOA's.
    I highly recommend the above websites. Especially the second and third ones listed. The last one is just awesome.

4. OP
    OP
    Sparks82

Sparks82 Initiate Member

Hi Shawnie,

Thanks for the welcome.

I see you are in NH. It's seems most of the good fish stores are in New Hamshire (at least from where I am). I had to head up there from Boston area to get the bulk of my live rock. :D

5. OP
    OP
    Sparks82

Sparks82 Initiate Member

Thanks Heather!

I will check those sites out for sure.

6. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I've purchased fish and corals from liveaquaria.com and was always happy with the shipments.