Purchased my new Angels today :D

1. platy ben Well Known Member Member

I bought 5 little angels today while I was at the LFS, however they aren't home yet ;) My LFS is holding them for me until wednesday because I want a couple of extra days to check my tank has finished its cycle :)

I spent around 30 mins selecting my group that I want to breed :) and I have tried my best to get nice colour, however good body shape aswel, straight ventral fins, nice round body etc :) and I think I managed to get a good group :)

I got 3 different species,

2 Gold
    2 Silver (wild colour)
    1 Double dark with extended tips to its tail fin :)

The 5 will be going into the 34G for now and I will grow them together until I get a pair, the rest will then be moved to the 45G once the koi are out in the pond :)

Will post pics when I get them :)

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Congratulations, Ben. I can't wait till you post photos.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations! Please post pics if you can when you get them home and settled in. They sound absolutely gorgeous!

4. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats! i look forward to pics, i LOVE angels :)

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Ben. :;hi2 I'll be looking forward to your updates!
    Ken

6. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Just a teaser :) lol

Some picks of their tank :D
    Ive gone for a more simple look to allow for plenty of swim space :).

I put 4 cherry shrimp in today and I hope they survive, the plastic tree roots are hollow so im hoping they hide in and under it :)
    I have put a round air filter under the hole in the bottom of the roots to create an awesome effect :)

What do you guys think? :)

EDIT: In the last picture, look carefully at the top of the roots :), SHRIMP :D lol

Attached Files:

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

looks cool ben!!!!!!! love the black ..and that bubble effect out of the root is awesome..I see the little shrimpy up there hahah...but I dont think you will have the shrimp once the angels get in there :( just my thoughts tho ;)

8. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I LOVE the aquascaping! The contrast looks awesome. That bubbling really adds a special feel to the tank. Your little shrimp is so cute.

Great job:;perfect

9. platy ben Well Known Member Member

I had the same doubts but im just hoping they can hide :)
    I still have some in the 8G so this won't be the end of my shrimps if these 4 do become a snack, but its worth a try :)

10. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Just a little update, one of the two female shrimp just laid eggs under the roots :) Her and her boyfriend are all cuddled up with their little yellow eggies :)

I have the feeling the angels may now be having caviar on the menu tomorrow ;)

11. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Im in aww:jawdrop:

Great job with the tank :)

12. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Thanks cheeseburger :D

Getting my angels tomorrow, I'm so excited :D

13. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

They really are a beatiful fish

Hope to see pics soon ;)

14. platy ben Well Known Member Member

They are home :D

I got kind of snap happy so lots of photos lol

Attached Files:

15. platy ben Well Known Member Member

one more :)

Attached Files:

16. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Just another question I thought of, some of the bubbles from the tree root are tiny and they seem to be sticking to the angels, not badly, just a couple here and there, will this bother the fish at all?

Another thing :), just noticed the two stripey ones have a bit of red in their dorsal fins :D

17. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They're beautiful, Ben! Congratulations!

18. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Beatiful!
    and
    No it wont bother your angels at all :)

19. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Thanks you guys :)

Well thats good and my water definitly doesn't have a lack of oxygen thats for sure lol :)

20. Camacho Member Member

def not lol your tank is really nice looking i love black on black lol. on the right side of your tank is that you filter? it looks like a box in the corner? your angel's are nice looking also. how did you find out if there male/ female at the jovi stage? also is there a way i can put angel fish in my 20 gal tall?