Pump Suggestions- 38+5 Gallon Tanks Question

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by sassymomma, Feb 9, 2018.

1. sassymomma

sassymommaWell Known MemberMember

I’m sitting here looking at my system, and the nearest plug is on the other side of the wall so I run the system on a pair of grounded extension cords

It occurs to me that switching the entire system onto an air pump and sponges will wipe out 2 required plugs.

Anyone have a suggestion for a quiet pump that could run 50gallon worth of tanks?

Right now I’m running a marina 75- rates for 10-20 gallon. It’s fine for air stones and supplementary filtration but not for a main unit Image1518217661.447055.jpg

2. Ulu

UluWell Known MemberMember

If it's not a firewall I could put a plug on the side you need it on in less than 30 minutes, right next to the one on the other side of the wall.

You just put it about 6 inches higher and nail it to the same stud, you cut one little hole in your drywall, and you buy a remodel type electrical box and fish two wires.

Black to black white to white green to Green. Wind your wires in a clockwise Direction or use stab in connectors which is very easy.

This is one of the easiest electrical additions a homeowner can make, and at the same time you can just make it a ground fault interrupter to protect you in case the wires get wet.

3. Ulu

UluWell Known MemberMember

By the way Walmart sells an air pump which is a good value, but it may not be the quietest available. I think I have two or three. I also own a few whisper 60s, which has been a good pump but I don't think they make that exact model anymore.

4. david1978

david1978Fishlore VIPMember

After buying about five pumps I finally got a tetratec ap 200. You have to touch it to make sure its still working. It runs 2 big air bars in my 75 with no problem. It even has 2 outlets both with an adjustment.

5. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

I have had one of these running non stop for over 7 years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice