Pump Suggestions- 38+5 Gallon Tanks Question

1. sassymomma Well Known Member Member

I’m sitting here looking at my system, and the nearest plug is on the other side of the wall so I run the system on a pair of grounded extension cords

It occurs to me that switching the entire system onto an air pump and sponges will wipe out 2 required plugs.

Anyone have a suggestion for a quiet pump that could run 50gallon worth of tanks?

Right now I’m running a marina 75- rates for 10-20 gallon. It’s fine for air stones and supplementary filtration but not for a main unit Image1518217661.447055.jpg

2. Ulu Member Member

If it's not a firewall I could put a plug on the side you need it on in less than 30 minutes, right next to the one on the other side of the wall.

You just put it about 6 inches higher and nail it to the same stud, you cut one little hole in your drywall, and you buy a remodel type electrical box and fish two wires.

Black to black white to white green to Green. Wind your wires in a clockwise Direction or use stab in connectors which is very easy.

This is one of the easiest electrical additions a homeowner can make, and at the same time you can just make it a ground fault interrupter to protect you in case the wires get wet.

3. Ulu Member Member

By the way Walmart sells an air pump which is a good value, but it may not be the quietest available. I think I have two or three. I also own a few whisper 60s, which has been a good pump but I don't think they make that exact model anymore.

4. david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

After buying about five pumps I finally got a tetratec ap 200. You have to touch it to make sure its still working. It runs 2 big air bars in my 75 with no problem. It even has 2 outlets both with an adjustment.

5. Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member